Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 1 May 5: Alghero-Olbia 206 km **Spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I'm suing Cyclingnews for making me look like a right idiot on Boards.ie!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

lissard wrote: »
    Thought his name was familiar, winner of the Ras in 2015.
    Great win there for Postleberger. Another Rás rider that goes on to Giro stage glory...Gian Fagnini being another (rode 1992). Good memories of it. Brutal weather for the 2nd and 3rd day. The Italian must have thought it was the artic!

Slightly OT but noticed the eurosport player had highlights of the Azerbaijan Tour while I was looking for todays Giro stage highlight, only 10-15 minutes worth but thats a country that just got added to my places to visit list. Stunning looking scenery.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Slightly OT but noticed the eurosport player had highlights of the Azerbaijan Tour while I was looking for todays Giro stage highlight, only 10-15 minutes worth but thats a country that just got added to my places to visit list. Stunning looking scenery.

I was over there last week (Baku) - saw a few teams out spinning through the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

velo.2010 wrote: »
    What was Jonathon Edwards role in Eurosport's coverage today? I saw JA Flecha and the other guy Ashley House? doing backstage roles.

He done the introduction on the highlight show along with one of the GCN guys. Dunno why Ashley didn't do it like normal.

colm18 wrote: »
    I was over there last week (Baku) - saw a few teams out spinning through the city.

Going OT again , how would you rate it in terms of a place to go for a week or two for a couple who won't sit on a beech ? I hear it's one of the more relaxed and least conservative Muslim countries to visit too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Going OT again , how would you rate it in terms of a place to go for a week or two for a couple who won't sit on a beech ? I hear it's one of the more relaxed and least conservative Muslim countries to visit too :confused:

Will send you a PM so as not to turn this into the travel forum :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Imhave watched this now a few times and still cant believe he was "let go" from so far out.....must have been from about 2.5k.

The bunch hold up at the corner disrupting the sprint trains and then with Lukas just trying to stretch the trains even furthur and then finding he had a gap....it was no wonder he was looking up to see what to do.

It was interesting too what Bennett said in tne indo article that they had to slow up just in case it was Lukas was caught by his own team.

Impressed with Bora yesterday.....even if it was a chaotic finish and not what was planned, they seemed very well orgaised and bodes well for Bennett in some of the other sprint stages

• Advertisement
Advertisement