Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card limit - new application

• 04-05-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I'm a BOI current account customer, considering several providers for a credit card.

Without making an application, how can I find out what a typical credit limit might be offered ie 90% of applicants with a salary of X, will be given a limit of Y. I'm not looking for a specific figure, just a ballpark figure. 

Interestingly, I waited over 1 hr today and 45 minutes yesterday at 20cts per min, in a queue waiting to ask this question........

Depending on this answer I will then proceed with the application

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

hh99 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm a BOI current account customer, considering several providers for a credit card.

Without making an application, how can I find out what a typical credit limit might be offered ie 90% of applicants with a salary of X, will be given a limit of Y. I'm not looking for a specific figure, just a ballpark figure. 

Interestingly, I waited over 1 hr today and 45 minutes yesterday at 20cts per min, in a queue waiting to ask this question........

Depending on this answer I will then proceed with the application
    Hi hh99, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

While we would be unable to provide this figure, we do have a comparison of the types of Credit Cards we offer here, this includes comparisons between the rates and any features the cards offer. If you would like us to arrange a call back to you from an advisor to discuss an application in more detail, please let us know your contact number and name in a Private Message and we'll be happy to arrange this. Please click the link in my signature to send us a private message. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement