Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Day money transfer

• 04-05-2017 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Do you have a facility for same day money transfer to another Irish bank eg Ulster Bank and also is there a upper limit on the amount that can go though.

Have just been told by the Bank that it cant be done.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

foxirl wrote: »
    Do you have a facility for same day money transfer to another Irish bank eg Ulster Bank and also is there a upper limit on the amount that can go though.

Thanks
    Hi foxirl, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We'd like to look into this for you. Can you please let us know what type of account you would be making the transfer from, was it a Business or Personal account? Can you also let us know were you in branch trying to make this transfer when you were told it can't be done, if so can you let us know what branch you were in? 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Thanks
    Hi foxirl, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We'd like to look into this for you. Can you please let us know what type of account you would be making the transfer from, was it a Business or Personal account? Can you also let us know were you in branch trying to make this transfer when you were told it can't be done, if so can you let us know what branch you were in? 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sara, I sent you a PM with the details

Also when we had to settle for a bank draft instead we were told that it would take 11 days to clear. From my readings on this it should be only 5. I feel it was very unprofessional of Bank of Ireland to give this information to two old age pensioners and have them worrying about it when it seems to be incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Also when we had to settle for a bank draft instead we were told that it would take 11 days to clear. From my readings on this it should be only 5. I feel it was very unprofessional of Bank of Ireland to give this information to two old age pensioners and have them worrying about it when it seems to be incorrect.
    Hi foxirl, 

Thanks for your reply and we're sorry to hear this. Generally a bank draft will take five working days to clear. We'd like to try and clarify all of this for you. However we've tried to reply to your private message and it is telling us you have exceeded your storage for private messages, if you can try and free up some space in your inbox we can then reply to you there. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi foxirl, 

Thanks for your reply and we're sorry to hear this. Generally a bank draft will take five working days to clear. We'd like to try and clarify all of this for you. However we've tried to reply to your private message and it is telling us you have exceeded your storage for private messages, if you can try and free up some space in your inbox we can then reply to you there. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,
    Just deleted a few messages there now. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement