Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

direct debit date

Options
  • 04-05-2017 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi, is it possible to check what date a newly set up direct debit is due to come out of my account? and i used to get a text saying a direct debit was being debited that day and letting me know if i didn;t have the funds to cover it. is it possible to get this set up again or do I need to call? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi, is it possible to check what date a newly set up direct debit is due to come out of my account? and i used to get a text saying a direct debit was being debited that day and letting me know if i didn;t have the funds to cover it. is it possible to get this set up again or do I need to call? thanks
    Hi millivanilli, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Please check this payment date with the company you have set up the Direct Debit with. The text message reminding you about a Direct Debit will be sent if there are insufficient funds in your account at the time the Direct Debit payment starts to present. So you will not receive this text if you have enough funds in your account to cover the payment. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭millivanilli

Hi millivanilli, 

Please check this payment date with the company you have set up the Direct Debit with. The text message reminding you about a Direct Debit will be sent if there are insufficient funds in your account at the time the Direct Debit payment starts to present. So you will not receive this text if you have enough funds in your account to cover the payment. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah, just i missed the last dd from this company and received no text message, just as it was a new direct debit I wasn't sure of the date it would be debited. I only realised i had missed it when i was charged for missing it, i never got a text. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi millivanilli, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah, just i missed the last dd from this company and received no text message, just as it was a new direct debit I wasn't sure of the date it would be debited. I only realised i had missed it when i was charged for missing it, i never got a text. 
    Hi millivanilli,

Sorry to hear you haven't received the text notifications. If you send a query through Ask a Question on 365 Online an adviser can investigate why you're not receiving these.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement