Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will it ever rain again?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'd forgotten just how much I hate this sort of weather.

already searching for the next dry warm spell, sick of the relentless drizzle, mist and rain already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Iv'e escaped the rain so far today, been cloudy and humid, but its looking like thats about to change

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Still dry as a bone in West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    already searching for the next dry warm spell, sick of the relentless drizzle, mist and rain already.

Stay tuned for my update in the Spring and Summer thread today and you MIGHT (:cool:) see some good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

I think my question has been answered.:p

It's still this floppy weather though and very slow or non moving pressure systems in the North Atlantic.

Floppy pressure systems.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Garden is getting even more yellow, have been expecting rain since yesterday but haven't even got a single drop.

Currently sunny in West Clare, with no clouds to the far west of here, I'll soon watch the beautiful sunset lighting up the clouds!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Raining all day in West Offaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Okay can we change the title to "Will it ever stop raining?"

I'm still wondering why I've not seen any rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

a beautiful deep red sunset here in Castlebar .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭secman

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Garden is getting even more yellow, have been expecting rain since yesterday but haven't even got a single drop.

Currently sunny in West Clare, with no clouds to the far west of here, I'll soon watch the beautiful sunset lighting up the clouds!

The yellow grass must look lovely in the sunset😎

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Bucketing down in Naas

I'm still wondering why I've not seen any rain!

The rain probably took directions from Met Eireann and forgot about Clare.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Will it ever stop raining?

Cloudy dark evening here, not much in the way of heavy rain here, mostly light misty stuff

Gonzo wrote: »

Look at the GFS model then.:)
    DON'T look at the ECM or the GEM model.:rolleyes:

Absolutely lashing here now, horrible horrible morning

Still absoutley nothing here, have about 3 drops on the window (which is absolutely filthy due to lack of rain and lots of dust lately). Watching the radar and everything seems to just avoid here!

I'm sure we'll get it later.

Edit: not only 5 minutes later and it's lashing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

highdef wrote: »
    Well soil moisture deficits are already nearing 50mm in the east which is very unusual for this time of year. I can't remember if 50mm+ of soil moisture deficit is some sort of classification for drought conditions, as per the Irish Met office.

Soil Moisture deficits are running at over 30mm in the vast majority of the country....that in itself is rather unusual at any time of the year, never mind Springtime!

How on earth did we survive that 3 week heatwave about 3 years ago mahn? :D

Elemonator wrote: »
    How on earth did we survive that 3 week heatwave about 3 years ago mahn? :D

Do you mean 4 years ago? Sorry just confusion. And the thing with that hot spell in July was that it ended out with a bang. The bang meant flash floods in short spaces of time as the very warm air rose into the atmosphere cooling and condensing as it does so forming these very dark cumulonimbus clouds which gave away to Summer storms. These Summer storms made July 2013 a very wet month overall in places despite the drought and heatwave.

• Advertisement

2mm of rain and sunny again :)

2mm of rain and sunny again :)

It's been completely overcast since Thursday evening here with on and off drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It's been completely overcast since Thursday evening here with on and off drizzle.

Also been rather sunny in North Kildare the past few hours. Rather windy, which is taking the edge off the temperature of 15.3 at present. Up till recently, over half the sky was a lovely deep blue with a few wisps of cirrus here and there. This sunshine might give the advancing front a bit of extra energy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: Closing this thread so as to keep track of posts, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement