Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build anxiety

Options
  • 04-05-2017 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

So I thought this was kinda strange but feck it.

I remember when I ordered my first build I was so nervous.

Now today ive spent double on my new build and im reallu nervous im confident about the build but at the same time really nervous.

Does any one else get that anxiety about doing a new build?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I can't say I've ever had that happen.

My thought process the week before (or whatever) is usually like:

"**** yes, new build!"
    "This cool thing, and this cool thing!"
    * order build *
    "Jaysus that's a lot of money"
    "Maybe I shouldn't have..."
    "**** yes new build!"

Some money anxiety, which is swiftly silenced once the packages arrive. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I only built my first one a few weeks ago and the only time i was a bit nervous was when i flicked the switch for the first time. Was a bit apprehensive installing the Coolermaster EVO but wasn't too bad. I'd say if i was going with a liquid cooled build then i might have been a bit more apprehensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

My favourite was the first silent machine I built (m-itx passive cooled J1900 w/SSD). Pressed the power button and my heart sank and I started swearing ... until the monitor came on and my brain caught up to the fact I shouldn't have been expecting to hear anything ;)

I do always have a bit of anxiety at the point of switching on cause if you discover then some part is faulty/DoA it can be a right pain in the neck to confirm the source of the problem (and that it isn't some connection you've forgotten or haven't got seated properly).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When I purchased a pair of xeons weeks before the board to test them in I was a bit on edge I'll have to admit.

Advertisement