Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redwater (Kat and Alfie from Eastenders spin off show)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Didn't see this sexuality story line appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Seems the rest of the family sees Eileen as the cuckoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Have to say that this series is certainly growing on me. Thought the first episode was pure rubbish but it has reeled me in since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Think Byrne Farm needs the expertize of Francis Brennan and the brother. How in the name of Jaysus are they not making money, fine old farmouse or two, plenty of cutstone outbuildings and a farm bordering the sea with a sandy beach....eh hellooo !

Old Lance riding atop a hos around the parish like he owned it. There has to be a lot going on here that we don't know about yet. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks and what's going on with all the flirting Eileen is doing with Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

But they're cousins no? God incest must be the running theme of this show!

• Advertisement

just watched episode 2 I love this show its so damn good whats with the 2 cousins sexual chemistry

just watched episode 2 I love this show its so damn good whats with the 2 cousins sexual chemistry

Did Stumpy shag the aunt as well i wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,813 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can see Alfie and Dermot having a bit of a punch up

For a priest he doesn't seem that approachable ???

Is there going to be another series of this ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If there was ever a bollickeen to be sent to the grave in tv land it would be that bollix bearded priest in either a North Korean missile attack or an artists strike that I would contribute €4500 a week to.

PTH2009 wrote: »

For a priest he doesn't seem that approachable ???

I think they are very much trying to portray 2 sides of dermot. A nasty side which we saw when he killed lance and threatened tommy. However we have also seen his ability to show empathy. For example when he got Kieran out of the water situation.

For me, Kat & Alfie are the weakest and most boring characters in this. I'm intrigued by everything else that's going on.

• Advertisement

I think they are very much trying to portray 2 sides of dermot. A nasty side which we saw when he killed lance and threatened tommy. However we have also seen his ability to show empathy. For example when he got Kieran out of the water situation.

For me, Kat & Alfie are the weakest and most boring characters in this. I'm intrigued by everything else that's going on.

will it end up that the guy who owns the pub will end up dying or running off and Alfie/Kat will end up buying the pub in Redwater

Can see poor little Tommy spilling the beans to someone and Dermot will end up doing something to him leading to Alfie losing the plot

Its not a barrel of laughs by any means but im hooked on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

It's shockingly bad. It lurches from one awkward scene to another, unnatural dialogue and the storyline is seemingly pieced together by a toddler.

But I'll keep watching, it's addictively bad and have to see how it progresses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

All they need is Jimmy Rabbitte, Decko, Outspan, Micka and a few others and they could reunite the Commitments. Unfortunately poor Joey the lips has died so they may hope god sends a new saxophonist on a f?ckin Suzuki

Bronagh Gallagher as another daughter for Agnes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Stumpy looks way older than the guy he kissed in the bathroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

This is a dreadful patch work of cliche dramas all wrapped into one...its like Broadchurch meets Mid Summer Murders meets Hi di Hi meets the Others (where Fionnula could any day now tell them they have all been dead all along...well they may as well ...life is so miserable and a lot of the acting is so wooden)

Its so awful its hard to know where to begin

Kat & Alfie in their new togger like two sea side postcard characters just dropping in to Redwater and hitting on the 'correct' family straight off the bat ..then proceeding to stalk them with dreadful dialogue

And the irish family (who all seemed to have children at 13 ) are so contrived and in fairness ridiculous...the old guy riding around on a black horse ...on a beach with no room for galloping..then reciting poetry as you do in Ireland ..not to mention a bonfire wake and 'the parting glass' and him smiling at the back..ghost at the funeral ..very Macbeth:rolleyes:
    The priest ..the root of all evil and madness....the new Ireland...driven especially wild by the presence of OJ...(reflective of poor Irish diets must be the subtext :D)
    The token mixed race characters ...more of the same..new ireland not poor diets

Convoluted family tree that must have been derived after a night on the piss

Contrived intrigue for the aimless and the cerebrally challenged
    " Oh I know we will make the priest a mass murderer ...who spouts religious crap...its deep man plus audiences need to have murderous cliff hangers now...they all lapped up 'The Missing' after all which was mushroom TV ..ie keep them in the dark and feed them ****e..they love that "

Maria Doyle riding around for some reason on a lawn mower type carrier ...yet there is so much to be done on the farm !!..She had her child at about 16/17 ...yes indeed the age you desperately go adopting babies :rolleyes: Her cousin would have been around the same age ...goes off to England and comes back with an adoptive child as you do at that age ..steals one of Kat twins ( cannot have been legal adoption ) while she is out for the count ? WTF ? Maybe add Philomena to that list of cliches above

And the blonde turns up from the Commitments...seems the Joe the Lips feud is still going on .....what next Bronagh Gallagher next week and then its down the local for a few bars of " Ride around Sally" before the priest drowns Alfie in the bath ...Jesus Mary & Joseph

I'm loving redwater anyway the cast is very likeable

are the 2 kids actually Andrews ??? Would they not have there dads skin color ???

The priest made an excuse to Kat there which reminded me of the Christmas episode of Father Ted where all the priests who attended the Golden Cleric award ceremony made an excuse to get away from watching mass on the tv

are the 2 kids actually Andrews ??? Would they not have there dads skin color ???

Looking like one of them may not be. Frightened for the poor copper here. Surely though the guy she received the email from will have kept it in the 'Sent' folder ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Where has Angelina Ball's American accent gone?

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »

It would be more humourous if she had a proper blaa accent :D

It would be more humourous if she had a proper blaa accent :D

They all will by episode 6!!

Well, well, well..... the plot thickens..
    Everyone else must have given up on it judging by this thread.

Well, well, well..... the plot thickens..
    Everyone else must have given up on it judging by this thread.

Not much on of a Sunday night. Not exactly gripped but with the soccer over for the year and the hurling still not in full tilt we are not stacked for options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

So the police computer has no lock screen or password?

Andrew never asked the sex of his child

amtc wrote: »
    So the police computer has no lock screen or password?

Andrew never asked the sex of his child

Another missile to fire at Noirin O'sullivan tomorrow :P And what is the point in deleting an email. Sure we your one checks her inbox she'll only ask to send it again and more than likely the sent box wont exactly be cleared especially if it is evidence

I noticed that too but I wouldn't criticise the show for it. Many people fall back into their original accent when they go home. I know that is the case with me anyway.

I noticed that too but I wouldn't criticise the show for it. Many people fall back into their original accent when they go home. I know that is the case with me anyway.

Really thought Andrew was going too snap on Dermot but he must be a bit dim. I wonder will Bernie tell him that Dermot basically threatened her

So Ciaran knows the truth about the tragedy and is aware or mad Dermot. I was going too ask why Dermot set fire too the house but u think I figured it out. Ciarans mother was going too build something there but if the place is burned down they might not afford to stay in Redwater and both will move back too America ???. Really thought we going to see more victims for Dermot (the man is **** crazy)

Quite shocked it was actually maria doyle Kennedy's character who was actually after Peter and they have a history together. I wonder does her husband know going by the drinks thing in the pub in last week's episode ??

Agnes is starting too like Kat and co but think she is still hiding something.

Surly they have cameras in the police station and may of caught a glimpse of Dermot on the pc. Surly they could just ring and look for a follow up on the email or send it again ???. Bernie will obv have someone covering for her??

Is an average enough storyline but intriguing all the same. Some nonsense and stupid reactions but hopefully it will kick off for the last 2 episode.

• Advertisement

Contains spoilers (on phone can't do tags)

Really thought Andrew was going too snap on Dermot but he must be a bit dim. I wonder will Bernie tell him that Dermot basically threatened her

So Ciaran knows the truth about the tragedy and is aware or mad Dermot. I was going too ask why Dermot set fire too the house but u think I figured it out. Ciarans mother was going too build something there but if the place is burned down they might not afford to stay in Redwater and both will move back too America ???. Really thought we going to see more victims for Dermot (the man is **** crazy)

Quite shocked it was actually maria doyle Kennedy's character who was actually after Peter and they have a history together. I wonder does her husband know going by the drinks thing in the pub in last week's episode ??

Agnes is starting too like Kat and co but think she is still hiding something.

Surly they have cameras in the police station and may of caught a glimpse of Dermot on the pc. Surly they could just ring and look for a follow up on the email or send it again ???. Bernie will obv have someone covering for her??

Is an average enough storyline but intriguing all the same. Some nonsense and stupid reactions but hopefully it will kick off for the last 2 episode.

They are all a bit dim considering they haven't noticed this very obvious crazy man living with them all these years.

Advertisement