If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 49UH661V Stock?

Options
  • 04-05-2017 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Long time listener, first time caller.

It's my first time trying to purchase from Richersounds and I'm a little confused as this item is listed as "buy online now" but after completing the checkout page, it's only then that I am told the TV is not in stock anymore.

Is it not in stock for delivery or not in stock even in store (if I were to choose to go and collect it)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ah, I just found a thread where someone was offered the last demo unit...which I presume is gone. Oh well.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ah, I just found a thread where someone was offered the last demo unit...which I presume is gone. Oh well.
    Hi DirkVoodo,

Unfortunately these are all gone. Were there any other TVs you had your eye on?

Kind regards

David

Argh! That was really the only one that came in around budget, I can get one down south but it's about 100 euro more. Probably still worth it for the unit? Finding reviews hard to come by online though.

Are there any others that you would recommend up to around 700 euro? Main requirements are 49", 4k, decent upscaling and low input lag for that budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Argh! That was really the only one that came in around budget, I can get one down south but it's about 100 euro more. Probably still worth it for the unit? Finding reviews hard to come by online though.

Are there any others that you would recommend up to around 700 euro? Main requirements are 49", 4k, decent upscaling and low input lag for that budget.
    hi DirkVoodoo
    I just bought the samsung 49ku6400 from richersounds, im awaiting delivery. It cost 529 sterling so should come in on budget,   check out the reviews on s21.com, there is also a couple of reviews on youtube.

Hi DirkVoodoo,

There are a couple I would look at. The Samsung UE49KU6400 is a great TV and similarly spec'd with the LG 661. HDR, good motion processing and a great panel. It is currently 679.99 Euro including shipping. There is another I would recommend for 729 Euro. It is the Pansonic TX50DX700. I think this has a much more natural panel than the Samsung with 4K HDR and has a very fast motion processing rate. It's a little out of the budget and an inch bigger in screen size but I think it slightly edges the Samsung panel if you can go the extra.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, I had actually just been looking at the Samsung before ye posted, looks to be a suitable option, although maybe I could stretch to the panasonic.

I'll discuss with herself and purchase in the next day or two.

Thanks again!

Thanks guys, I had actually just been looking at the Samsung before ye posted, looks to be a suitable option, although maybe I could stretch to the panasonic.

I'll discuss with herself and purchase in the next day or two.

Thanks again!
    No problem at all DirkVoodoo.

Let us know when your ready.

Actually Kenny, while you are here (and I'm being told to "pick the one I prefer" by the boss)...AVForums stated that the viewing angles on the panasonic are really poor. Do you agree or do you think that's just being picky? Has the Samsung similar viewing angles?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Actually Kenny, while you are here (and I'm being told to "pick the one I prefer" by the boss)...AVForums stated that the viewing angles on the panasonic are really poor. Do you agree or do you think that's just being picky? Has the Samsung similar viewing angles?
    The Panasonic does have a narrower viewing angle - which is only a hassle if you are viewing way off axis - Panasonic has intentionally designed the DX series this way so that the Customer has the best experience when they are in the'sweet spot'.

From memory the Panasonic uses an MVA panel which will give you a reasonable viewing angle but not as wide an angle as the Sammy!

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.