Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alliums - can they regrow in the same year?

Options
  • 04-05-2017 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

I put down a few allium bulbs last autumn. They were growing fine this spring, but unfortunately I tripped the other day while working in the garden and knocked the heads off two of them. :( the flowers were just about to open. So annoyed with myself! This is probably a stupid question, but is there anything I can do to get them to flower again this year, or will I just have to wait until next year and hope I'll be less clumsy then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

miezekatze wrote: »
    I put down a few allium bulbs last autumn. They were growing fine this spring, but unfortunately I tripped the other day while working in the garden and knocked the heads off two of them. :( the flowers were just about to open. So annoyed with myself! This is probably a stupid question, but is there anything I can do to get them to flower again this year, or will I just have to wait until next year and hope I'll be less clumsy then?

Had the head cut off two of mine there last weekend by I'm assuming neighborhood kids but I'm assuming they'd only flower once

Advertisement