Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Redirection Service

Options
  • 04-05-2017 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi there!

So, after moving home and planning to use An Post's Mail Redirection service.

Have any of you any experience of it? Did it "work"? Was it efficient?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We used it recently and found it pretty good, no issues with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mortimer33

In the setup form- you must specify individual names of people whose post should be redirected.

If your family surname was O'Sullivan would a letter to "The O' Sullivans" be redirected? Simarly would a vague "Mr. O'Sullivan" addressed letter be redirected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Used it, it was awful, failed more often than it worked. Got a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

I used it and found it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I've used it three times and would never use it again. It doesn't start when they say it will and I'd estimate it misses between 30% and 50% of the post. Sometimes it doesn't stop when it's supposed to either but that hardly makes up for the rubbish service. If you ring them to complain, they'll give you a long story about stickers and postmen and how it's not possible that it couldn't be working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Have it set up myself currently to redirect post from old home to new. Seems to be working fine, the new owner hasn't reported any post coming to her for me. An Post seemed clued in enough to redirect mail addressed to my wife in her maiden name, even though I had only put her married name on the list. And one item that was just addressed to "Robin" was redirected.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

I think it depends on whether you have a regular postman on your route or not. I found it efficient but I had a regular postie for years who knew me, knew I had moved & I stayed within the same sorting office so he was efficient.
    It worked perfectly for me.

Advertisement