Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Summer ODI Series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭blackcard

Roy gone. 2 down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭kksaints

73-2 after 15 overs. Playing well enough so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Morgan and root doing some damage here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I just feel mischievous....

"Alan Lewis
    Ex-Ireland batsman and chairman of selectors on BBC Test Match Special
    There is a bit more energy about Ireland in the field today, which is pleasing to see. There have been some clean stops. But these two English batsmen seem set now"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

morgan gone for 76. 231/4 after 38. not a bad position

• Advertisement

Billings gone. 229/5

So difficult at the closing overs for Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ireland 68-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

68-1, good stand, pity

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Becomes 77-2 with Joyce falling to the 4th ball of spin (and from Root not Rashid). Balbirnie and Porterfield out there now to try and rebuild

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Thought thats one might have been missing. Do Ireland have an appeal left?

Edit: ooh, quite hard done by even though it was technically right not to review.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Fine innings porter field. Pity he couldnt get the ton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Ah that's incredibly frustrating, seemed to be kicking himself on his way off. Well played, he was really going for it.

Yep KOB first and then Porterfield were both still looking to win it, not just settling for getting onto the honours board or trying to get to a "respectable" score. I'm fine with them going down swinging and today's performance overall, the result will look a bit bad but we just let them sneak too many, a very marginal decision (Balbirnie) and perhaps a sensible batsman short (sorry NOB) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Pity they couldn't break 250, it always seems the point to me at which a score starts to approach something respectable (although not particularly competitive). Better than last time out anyway, looking forward to the next few games a little more now.

They could have broken 250 but doing so would have meant giving up on the outside chance of a win (which wasn't completely outlandish until Porterfield fell, they'd just taken 8,15,13 off the prior 3 overs to leave themselves needing 108 off the last 10) but as I said KOB and then Porterfield dared to dream and backed themselves instead of settling for just trying to make it appear a little better to those who just looked at the score afterwards.

Or they could have just squeezed another 7 runs out of the last wicket...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

Just saw the highlights. Was surprised to see the stands so full. Am I wrong in thinking that implies a very sizeable Irish contingent - travelling and London-based? I know Lord's is a nice place simply to be (!) so tickets sell whatever the opposition, but would a non-test side opposition normally have so high an attendance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Just saw the highlights. Was surprised to see the stands so full. Am I wrong in thinking that implies a very sizeable Irish contingent - travelling and London-based? I know Lord's is a nice place simply to be (!) so tickets sell whatever the opposition, but would a non-test side opposition normally have so high an attendance?

A big Irish contingent apparently, but England matches at Lord's are hard to come by, so a lot of people would go regardless of the opposition.

It was a great excuse for any England fans to drag Irish mates to Lords and to prove that cricket isn't actually boring after all :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

A big Irish contingent apparently, but England matches at Lord's are hard to come by, so a lot of people would go regardless of the opposition.

It was a great excuse for any England fans to drag Irish mates to Lords and to prove that cricket isn't actually boring after all :D.

Thanks. I sure wish I had such English mates.

• Advertisement

Bangladesh 10/2 :-O

Is this series on TV anywhere?

Eir Sports 1 is all I know of :-/ PM welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Guffy

minitrue wrote: »
    Eir Sports 1 is all I know of :-/ PM welcome!

e live streaming of the match will be available on Gazi TV (GTV) and Massranga TV in Bangladesh. Sky Sports and Willow TV will live telecast in the United States of America (USA), United Kingdom (UK) and worldwide.

That is one hell of a green pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Guffy

47-3

Extras hurting a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

KevIRL wrote: »
    Extras hurting a bit

must be very windy up there is it?, with all the wides

need to break this partnership

Rain gives us a good shout of not losing...

Rainfall radar suggests this could be a long break. DLS says we'd be chasing 210 off 31 or 157 off 20.

• Advertisement

Advertisement