Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beechpark Leixlip

Options
  • 04-05-2017 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone on here is living in the new houses in Beechpark in Leixlip? If so, what is the sound insulation like between the houses - can you hear your neighbors etc? Also, can you notice the noise from the Motorway from inside the houses?

Currently renting one of the older houses in the estate and the sound insulation isn't great, wondering if this is also the case with the newer houses.

Any feedback on the houses you can provide would be much appreciated.

(mods - apologies if this should be somewhere else, thought A&P was the most relevant place for this)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AM258 wrote: »
    Currently renting one of the older houses in the estate and the sound insulation isn't great, wondering if this is also the case with the newer houses.
    Consider that estate is one of the newest estates in Leixlip... but they're still pottering along building them, bit by bit. The end of the estate has been a construction site of houses slowly being built for the last number of years.

I'd say it'd be the same for all of them.

=-=

http://www.daft.ie/11424912 - Maybe have a look at the house in Elton Court. Nice estate, but not as close to the motorway for access as Beechpark. Mate lives in a house in the same estate; found it to be good sound insulation. It's in a cul-de-sac with a large green area opposite it.

Can't comment on the Forest Park house, as never spent much time in any of the houses there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 agent_88

Hi AM258, I've been living in a new house in Beechpark for around 4 months. You can't hear the motorway and rarely hear the neighbours. Upstairs you might hear if a door bangs but that's about the extent of it. Overall i'm very happy with the build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AM258

agent_88 wrote: »
    Hi AM258, I've been living in a new house in Beechpark for around 4 months. You can't hear the motorway and rarely hear the neighbours. Upstairs you might hear if a door bangs but that's about the extent of it. Overall i'm very happy with the build quality.

Cheers! If you don't mind me asking, how did you find the developers to deal with? Were they open to modifications/upgrades like extra tiling in bathrooms etc?

The houses look lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 agent_88

I thought the developers were very good to deal with. As a rule they obviously want the houses to all be the same but will accommodate minor deviation. I would advise dealing directly with the foreman/developer for these types of requests, the estate agent was very unresponsive tried to make things difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AM258

Thanks agent_88 - much appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement