Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I messed up or has he just lost interest??

• 04-05-2017 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey so I met this guy online in September 2016 and we've been messaging all along.. he was very eager and willing to meet we were getting on really well. But I lived 4 hours away from him so it never really happened. In January I moved closer to him for work and we finally meet up, we went on several dates since and its been great lots of fun, laughter and major attraction!! Up until a few days ago he seemed head over heel happy in this.. he even asked me to go away with him for a few days in June but a few days after I asked to confirm dates he came back and said he wasn't too sure. He said we would need to talk it out and see what our options are.. so when I tried to call him to organise he ignored my phone call and messages on social media even though he was active on line. Then the next day he apologised and said he was busy and to call him that evening but I was too annoyed that he blanked me so I just avoided ringing him the next day. Then the following day he came to meet me but I didn't have my phone on me so I missed him and his missed calls. When I got around to getting back in touch with him and apologise for missing him he was a bit off so I tried to make a plan to meet up with him this week he was a day late in his response and said he was busy and I have heard nothing since I am trying to keep my distance in hope that he will reach out to me (im pretty heartbroken)Have I messed this up or he actually isn't that arsed with me as he didn't seem to want to go away/meet up with me again and haven't heard much.. being distant?? Any advice? am I coming on too strong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Why dont you ask him? Without being very full on or expecting very much from him id contact him and ask to let you know one way or the other rather than stringing you along. I would stop bringing up the trip in June, he may have just said it on a whim and is now avoiding the conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

I dont think you have messed this up, i think he has. He's a flake and doesnt seem to be as into it as you. I'd probably just leave it at this stage. It's far too "up in the air" to be arsed with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Of course he was off with you. You snubbed him for two days because he didn't reply to your messages. He apologised and told you he was busy, that should have been it. You made a big drama out of it and now he's annoyed. The only thing he should have done differently is he should have called you instead of asking you to call him. You think you can ignore him for two days and still have him waiting for you all hunky dory? I'm sure he has more self respect than that.
    This sounds like more drama than it's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Games, games, games. No time for them. You shouldn't be playing them even if he is. Either stop and talk to each other or move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

He thinks you are playing some childish game arranging to meet and then deliberately not showing up because he couldn't make it the last time.

"I'm sorry we didn't meet up the last time - it was not intentional on my part. Now are we going to continue seeing each other? I'm game if you are. If not, no problem. In future if either of us can't make it we should call beforehand." If he says no then block him and move on. If yes then watch out for him messing you about - if he does, block and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

You can both wait for the other to ring and the relationship can dwindle away, or you can call him and get it back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Yes, you messed up. Stop playing games and have a mature conversation with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

He came to meet you but you didn't have your phone on you so missed all his calls?

Why do I get the feeling he was ignored out of some sort of punishment?

Advertisement