Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Cool Off Period

Options
  • 04-05-2017 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I signed up to an Eir bundle coming from Vodafone and got TV home phone and fibre. I've had Vodafone for years without any issue yet after getting Eir installed the internet doesn't seem to be as fast and the TV sometimes freezes. I rang last week about exercising the cool off, inside the cool-off period and the rep said my cool off would end on May 2nd but he would extend it another 7 days until the 9th of May to see would the setup stabilize in that period of time and it hasn't. I rang again on the 3rd to say it wasn't any better and I wanted to cancel and move back to Vodafone yet the agent told me I wasn't allowed cancel and that the rep never left notes to say that he was giving me another 7 days to test further- is that even possible? Surely each time someone accesses my account from Eir there would be interactions to say what my call was about no? This week is stressful enough with a death in our family without adding even more stress over this. I'm also quite concerned over the price I was told it would be too- 60 per month including sports for 6 months and as long as I cancelled the sports before the 6 months is up it would remain at 60 per month which an eir chat rep advised after was completely wrong and it would be 95 per month. Can someone please help me out here? I really don't want to have to deal with this this week on top of everything else.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Ah-Watch,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will look into this for you?

My sincere apologies for the loss in your family.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

PMd Anna, should I resend to someone else or CC any other eir rep on it too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I have replied to your PM :)

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement