Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price increase on ad for property

Options
  • 04-05-2017 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm selling a property at the moment ( first time to do so). It was advertised at x price online with open viewing today. This evening the ad shows new higher price. Haven't had any contact from the estate agent yet and am wondering what the higher price means? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Hellywelly wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm selling a property at the moment ( first time to do so). It was advertised at x price online with open viewing today. This evening the ad shows new higher price. Haven't had any contact from the estate agent yet and am wondering what the higher price means? Thanks

Certainly strange that the EA did not contact you before advertising a higher price for your property.

Unless it's a mistake, I suspect that there has been a strong response to viewings and the EA is increasing price to reflect the interest in it. Advertised prices are just a guide, they are not an indication that the property will sell if a bid is received for that amount. Sit tight, you'll probably get a very nice call from the EA soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hellywelly

Thanks a million! Hopefully that's it 😊

Advertisement