Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SEETEC

• 04-05-2017 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Has anyone else been called in by SEETEC? if so what was your experience of them?. Originally hired by the tories in the UK, they have now been brought in the backdoor by our imaginative govt. to take over from the social welfare dept. I understand they have had some successes in obtaining mickey mouse low paid jobs while at the same time getting paid big bonuses for themselves. I was interviewed recently by an oily patronising creep who spoke in a jolly back slapping manner while at the same time taking a phone call to have some guys benefits suspended for not turning up for an appointment. The worst part is the whole staff look like they got their jobs through political connections, one employee called Lorna looks like she only did her leaving cert a few years ago, I wonder what college degree she has??. It must be pretty galling for someone with years of experience taking advice off a snotty looking ex cheer leader who only got a job there because daddy was well connected. Another bull**** scheme from a cretinous clueless govt. If anyone has signed up with this crowd please post back with your experiences either good or bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dylow

Logged in just to rant about them.

Had another "Personal Progression Plan" meeting today or whatever it's called, what a crock of ****. I've been unemployed a long time, mainly because I was playing in bands and doing the rock n roll thing, so I was open to going along with it at the start simply because it's hard to find jobs with the CV and qualifications I have (and the long gap in employment which makes me look like an ex-con).

This I feel is one the main reasons I can't even get an interview so I thought, after the wonderful opening mission statement meeting, that this is something they would help with. They don't even seem to give a ****.

All they've done so far is basically tell me to "look for jobs". Wow, genius. Then of course there is the ridiculous waste of time group meetings, where to be honest, I don't know what they're expecting. The other day I had to come in to simply sit with other people on computers looking for jobs in a "Group Job Search". What a ****ing joke.

Before this crowd sent me a letter, I had plans of doing a few courses in IT kind of stuff and even going to college in September to get some proper qualifications, but then they came along, and again after the first meeting where they sounded liked they really cared, I thought I would give it a go assuming they would help with finding me the right courses etc. to get me what I needed because I don't have a clue to be honest.

I ask my correctional officer or whatever they're called and don't really get anything out of them, they're just determined to put me in some **** warehouse job because it's something I did 12 years ago!

I have another 2 appointments next week, and I'm dreading it. It'll probably be a half hour of pass the job parcel, or how many words rhyme with job, or some other hair brained idea that takes up half of the day traveling in and out.

I have never been more determined to find a job because I hate them so much and want to be rid of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Dylow wrote: »
    I have never been more determined to find a job because I hate them so much and went to be rid of them.

This could be the point.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    This could be the point.

I was thinking that on the way home today and it made me laugh. Maybe it is genius, but I wouldn't give them that much credit

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Steven Miller

I was thinking that on the way home today and it made me laugh. Maybe it is genius, but I wouldn't give them that much credit

I've been trying to get them to put me on an online IT course for months. They promise much and deliver nothing. In fairness they're trying to arrange an interview for a technical support job with a firm in Swords . I'm thrilled to bits I hear this firm holds interviews every 3 months, which makes you wonder what's their staff turnover like and why do they need new staff every few months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OlgaCorbett

that pretty much sums it up - as far as i know once you're in the system (after the initial few months of interview tutorial sessions etc) then there's no interest in helping you get a job - it's entirely up to you - whole rationale was to outsource employment from social welfare while much of the jobs is hoovered up by agencies who seemingly prioritise overseas workers in a globalised-irish marketplace - that's the reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭JennyZ

that pretty much sums it up - as far as i know once you're in the system (after the initial few months of interview tutorial sessions etc) then there's no interest in helping you get a job - it's entirely up to you - whole rationale was to outsource employment from social welfare while much of the jobs is hoovered up by agencies who seemingly prioritise overseas workers in a globalised-irish marketplace - that's the reality.
    That's something I've always thought about too. The number of IDA backed foreign investment companies in the country receiving grants and incentives and it wouldn't be a stretch to build in to the deals that they take a small number off the live register to reskill and train.

Looks like this is what they're really all about, I'd recommend reading this if you don't know much about them.

http://www.unitedpeople.ie/the-seetec-threat/

I will not be forced into a job I don't want, or be threatened with my payment being cut. I'll be straight to the Citizens Information Centre if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Steven Miller

Looks like this is what they're really all about, I'd recommend reading this if you don't know much about them.

http://www.unitedpeople.ie/the-seetec-threat/

I will not be forced into a job I don't want, or be threatened with my payment being cut. I'll be straight to the Citizens Information Centre if that happens.

Best of luck, I've heard them several times, ringing up the welfare to get people's benefits cut just for not keeping appointments. I'd like to know what the citizens advice bureau would have to input . Post back if you find out anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

I've been trying to get them to put me on an online IT course for months. They promise much and deliver nothing. In fairness they're trying to arrange an interview for a technical support job with a firm in Swords . I'm thrilled to bits I hear this firm holds interviews every 3 months, which makes you wonder what's their staff turnover like and why do they need new staff every few months or so.
    Everything what you will tell them,will be used against you.You in trouble already,your social welfare at serious risk because

1) You refuse offered interview in company which you talking about.They does not care what reputation company has,you do not want take job.
    2) If you will be send to interview and will not take job,you will be taken out of the list and send to DSP were your social welfare will be canceled or reduced,not just because you said no to job,but also because you did not want take interview.It is like snow ball,getting bigger and bigger until it reach the limit and than you will be on final line.

Seetec does not interested give job,Seetec interested take you out of the list.They has very well trained staff which will not believe any of your word and will use everything what you said,did,wrote against you.

So,only thing I could suggest you,go to offered interview,make worse presentation of your self as possible coming drunk telling them that you have serious problems with alcohol that why you was always loosing job

The next thing,come best presented as possible,tell them that you had couple interview in other companies already and you will choose best options,without naming the companies and tell them that you will leave them once you will get best offer,no matter when this will happens,tomorrow or after week.

If Seetec will be asking you why you did not get job,simple answer them,that you told the truth,because can not tell lie to people.

I had problems with Seetec already and after analyze every step,I understood who they are.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

The latest in our Tory scumbag governments efforts to outsource public services. Should just bring back the workhouses and be done with it. Do you smelly plebs think you DESERVE food?

I think the problem is that low paid workers coming back to them own countries because salaries getting better.For example mid qualification worker in Poland getting 700-800 home per month.Couple getting 2800 income doing low paid jobs in Dublin,rent are 1200-1600.So,2800 minus 1500 for rent in Dublin,couple getting 1300 for 2,or 650 for person per month,the same money what they will get in Poland if they does not have pay for rent at home.So,I am not surprised why polish people leaving country.But here we got problem,who will fill those empty low paid jobs ? The another one Eastern Europe does not exist,so government started push people of Ireland take low paid jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Golfproam

Sosurface wrote: »
    The latest in our Tory scumbag governments efforts to outsource public services. Should just bring back the workhouses and be done with it. Do you smelly plebs think you DESERVE food?

Agree. My experience with Seetec is that they are there to do the dirty work for the DSP. Initially, I was invited to take part in the induction seminar which did not even take place, so no induction. Then the next invite was for the powerpoint presentation on how to write a CV. This was all just basic stuff. After that, the appointments with my 'employment advisor' who was very far from advising on employment, were simply to bring me in and tell me to sit at a computer and do some job searching.

The thing to do is play the game back. They will demand a phone contact number so they can call you anytime and harass you. Give them a number, then deactivate your voicemail and get a new number. Let them call away then. The will send you appointments to come in when you cannot be reached. These appointments will be received in the post by you giving you little or even no time to meet the appointment. I got appointments in which were posted only two days before the appointment time. This is all clearly designed to unsettle you and to give themselves the opportunity to refer you back to the DSP with the risk of you losing your benefit or having it reduced. Make sure to keep the envelope you get the appointments in as this shows the post time stamp when it is posted. This can be used to prove that you could not possibly have made the appointment.

Eventually, when you get a job, close your claim with the DSP and do not bother telling Seetec. They are only interested in knowing when you have a job, so they can get their bonus. I am employed now and my claim is closed and I have been contacted several times since by Seetec stating they have been informed that my claim is closed and that I should tell them I am now employed so they can 'close my file'. Ha, no chance. I know the game they play and they can sing for the bonus they would get out of me. They were only a hindrance to me finding employment. The Seetec 'employment advisors' are young just out of school or college types who are trained in the hard selling, low balling techniques that represent the underbelly of the Sales profession. They are not qualified, trained or capable of offering employment advice. My one did not even know what the qualification title letters I have meant or what degrees they were associated with. I managed to string them along by calling on the days of appointments saying I had an interview and could not make it. I kept this up and managed to avoid over half of my appointments. Do whatever it takes to make life easy for yourself while you look for the job you want. Be smart, be cool and play the game back with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tastic82

Golfproam wrote: »
    Agree. My experience with Seetec is that they are there to do the dirty work for the DSP. Initially, I was invited to take part in the induction seminar which did not even take place, so no induction. Then the next invite was for the powerpoint presentation on how to write a CV. This was all just basic stuff. After that, the appointments with my 'employment advisor' who was very far from advising on employment, were simply to bring me in and tell me to sit at a computer and do some job searching.

The thing to do is play the game back. They will demand a phone contact number so they can call you anytime and harass you. Give them a number, then deactivate your voicemail and get a new number. Let them call away then. The will send you appointments to come in when you cannot be reached. These appointments will be received in the post by you giving you little or even no time to meet the appointment. I got appointments in which were posted only two days before the appointment time. This is all clearly designed to unsettle you and to give themselves the opportunity to refer you back to the DSP with the risk of you losing your benefit or having it reduced. Make sure to keep the envelope you get the appointments in as this shows the post time stamp when it is posted. This can be used to prove that you could not possibly have made the appointment.

Eventually, when you get a job, close your claim with the DSP and do not bother telling Seetec. They are only interested in knowing when you have a job, so they can get their bonus. I am employed now and my claim is closed and I have been contacted several times since by Seetec stating they have been informed that my claim is closed and that I should tell them I am now employed so they can 'close my file'. Ha, no chance. I know the game they play and they can sing for the bonus they would get out of me. They were only a hindrance to me finding employment. The Seetec 'employment advisors' are young just out of school or college types who are trained in the hard selling, low balling techniques that represent the underbelly of the Sales profession. They are not qualified, trained or capable of offering employment advice. My one did not even know what the qualification title letters I have meant or what degrees they were associated with. I managed to string them along by calling on the days of appointments saying I had an interview and could not make it. I kept this up and managed to avoid over half of my appointments. Do whatever it takes to make life easy for yourself while you look for the job you want. Be smart, be cool and play the game back with them.
    Hi Golfproam- I was on the Seetec/Jobpath programme for about 3 weeks, signed off a few weeks ago- sent them a brief email saying pretty 'I have signed off but thanks and goodluck'.

Today I get an email like you mentioned above (creepily entitled 'Vouchers' as they said I will get 30 euro voucher for clothes If i comply- no thanks) saying they want my new employers contact details in order to 'close my claim'. I dont intend on replying, do you think I am safe to ignore them? I signed off because I got a few small freelance gigs, so I dont have an employer they could contact anyway.

Surely its enough that I have signed off- are they only contacting me again to secure their bonus or could I suffer any repercussions if I ignore this email and possible further emails? This is all new to me so any advice appreciated. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Sosurface wrote: »

In a nutshell yep. The company Seetec and first links behind Turas Nua done for corrurption in the past.

Tastic82 wrote: »
    Hi Golfproam- I was on the Seetec/Jobpath programme for about 3 weeks, signed off a few weeks ago- sent them a brief email saying pretty 'I have signed off but thanks and goodluck'.

Today I get an email like you mentioned above (creepily entitled 'Vouchers' as they said I will get 30 euro voucher for clothes If i comply- no thanks) saying they want my new employers contact details in order to 'close my claim'. I dont intend on replying, do you think I am safe to ignore them? I signed off because I got a few small freelance gigs, so I dont have an employer they could contact anyway.

Surely its enough that I have signed off- are they only contacting me again to secure their bonus or could I suffer any repercussions if I ignore this email and possible further emails? This is all new to me so any advice appreciated. thanks

Your claim is closed. Period.
    Trying to bribe you to get their bonus. You dont have to tell them ANYTHING. In fact tell them next time they call (which they will) you consider it harrasment and all calls and correspondonce being recorded as evidence. Your life is none of Seetecs business.
    They get a very generous bonus cos they say they got you a job despite them having nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tastic82

Great- thats what I suspected but I was worried I had signed something that entitled them to stalk me. thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jaapstammer

Tastic82 wrote: »
    Great- thats what I suspected but I was worried I had signed something that entitled them to stalk me. thanks!

Been on the turas nua programme 8/9 months.
    Absolute rampant shower of dirtbags they are.

Iv nothing wrong with working I actually want to work. Unemployment is high in my area.

You'll find after a couple months on the programme they'll have you sussed out as either employable or not.
    They tend to spend there time on the more employable rather than the long term unemployed. I havent been offered one job in the months I am there, not one. Just some fas courses lol.
    In my experience, as the months went by(theres just no jobs in the area) and your still unemployed there attitude towards you changes tenfold.
    They go from being nice and interested to your worst enemy literally. My PA couldnt make it anymore obvious she hates the sight of me now.
    At group sessions my PA has resorted to helping everyone but me.
    Its like a tactic to make you not want to go there and not want JSA.
    Also the shes a judgemental cold cow(who thinks shes gorgeous)
    I think she deemed me unemployable and just doesnt bother her hole, blatantly makes it obvious that she hates the sight of me there now lol.
    When I got on to her about this she went on a complete arse licking binge. Basically apologized and said she left me alone at group meetings cos she taught I was IT efficient and knew what I was doing!!lol
    Im long term unemployed like! She taught I bought her sorry excuse.
    Going to report the dog for making me feel inadequate/useless wasting my time to suffice her own beneficiaries.
    These people arent equipped to deal with long term unemployed.
    The PA I have definitely isn't.

Been on the turas nua programme 8/9 months.
    Absolute rampant shower of dirtbags they are.

Iv nothing wrong with working I actually want to work. Unemployment is high in my area.

You'll find after a couple months on the programme they'll have you sussed out as either employable or not.
    They tend to spend there time on the more employable rather than the long term unemployed. I havent been offered one job in the months I am there, not one. Just some fas courses lol.
    In my experience, as the months went by(theres just no jobs in the area) and your still unemployed there attitude towards you changes tenfold.
    They go from being nice and interested to your worst enemy literally. My PA couldnt make it anymore obvious she hates the sight of me now.
    At group sessions my PA has resorted to helping everyone but me.
    Its like a tactic to make you not want to go there and not want JSA.
    Also the shes a judgemental cold cow(who thinks shes gorgeous)
    I think she deemed me unemployable and just doesnt bother her hole, blatantly makes it obvious that she hates the sight of me there now lol.
    When I got on to her about this she went on a complete arse licking binge. Basically apologized and said she left me alone at group meetings cos she taught I was IT efficient and knew what I was doing!!lol
    Im long term unemployed like! She taught I bought her sorry excuse.
    Going to report the dog for making me feel inadequate/useless wasting my time to suffice her own beneficiaries.
    These people arent equipped to deal with long term unemployed.
    The PA I have definitely isn't.

Just young un's filling in stats forms. Don't take it personally (seems you are), and play the game. Years ago I ended up flirting with a girl in a similar position in a soul less depressing jobs club I had to attend, keep making her laugh and eventually she kept touching my arm and laughing at everything I said, smiled when she say me and always made me tea and it led to sex with her (she was cute!). Had the handiest time from then on in. Not saying you have to do that but soften them up. Ie you'd be amazed what asking her what kind of chocolate she likes and then bringing that bar in next time can do. Will cost you €1 and save you heartache.

She's doing a soul less, menial chite job and will like you for brightening that up.

Remember you catch more bee's with honey than vinegar!. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Is seetec only for people on welfare or do they also try to help others that are not signing on

• Advertisement

Is seetec only for people on welfare or do they also try to help others that are not signing on

Only people signing on have the misfortune.

It's a numbers game, they don't care AT ALL.

Anyone with a modicum of sense sees this, it's what makes the places boring and depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Captain skinny

I can't get a job because of seetec !

I am self employed,not on the dole or welfare so that means i don't get seetec help finding a job,But what i found is seetec job seekers always get the jobs before me,Even if i enquire about a job with a factory first and leave my CV with them its a seetec job seeker that gets the job no matter what !

But it's not just that, its actually 3 seetec job seekers who do the "One mans Job" ..what i mean is that all 3 of them get 2 days each and they still get the dole !

it looks great on paper 3 people working and seetec getting tax payers money as a reward for getting 3 people off the live register (and still getting dole) and from a political point of view for the government "ireland near full employment "

what about me who is not getting any younger who is self employed all my life who is in construction and very little about the last 8 years who would like to work else were (not in construction ) but can't because seetec gets first pickings and waters down people wages by stuffing 3 people in a one mans job !

my first post...is it a rant ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Namespace12345

No your are not ranting, I am sick of listening of the likes of pat Kenny saying there are plenty of jobs out there but the the Irish are to lazy to do them. In the last 6 months I must have applied for hundred of these low skill jobs and have not got a single interview .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Captain skinny

No your are not ranting, I am sick of listening of the likes of pat Kenny saying there are plenty of jobs out there but the the Irish are to lazy to do them. In the last 6 months I must have applied for hundred of these low skill jobs and have not got a single interview .

If Pat Kenny was any good and did good hard work dig deep journalism he would find the truth !

For example when lidl or Aldi open up a new store in a town lets say maynooth for this occasion they would put a advert in the local paper or indeed jobs about new jobs and positions available !
    But they have already the jobs filled..they have them filled a month ago! Because they advertised the Jobs in poland and Lituania as opportunity to work abroad scheme that the polish and Lituania government have with lidl or Aldi ! This has nothing do to with irish being lazy but just good policy and deal making by polish and Lituania government !

i remember Pat Kenny said loads of jobs in the construction and houses built last year, but i am in construction and every dog on site knew this was a lie and far from the truth !

irishtimes.com/business/construction/new-data-shows-just-2-076-homes-built-last-year-1.3058209

But i understand why government and media do this "great little country to do Business " to get more business and foreign investment in the banking sector ! yes they are telling a lie but what good sales man doesn't ? Or in their case only a poor sales man gets caught out !

Any jobs you see on indeed.ie 60% of the jobs don't even exist..goverment encourages business to advertise jobs even if there is none available ! Its all part of the think tank scheme of investment ireland ! like i said i completely understand why they have to sell it ! But i can't see reason why they try and make irish people feel lazy about not getting a job ..or maybe its the old reverse physiological method by government for making the population feel bad and worthless for governments mistakes of the past !

For example when lidl or Aldi open up a new store in a town lets say maynooth for this occasion they would put a advert in the local paper or indeed jobs about new jobs and positions available !
    But they have already the jobs filled..they have them filled a month ago! Because they advertised the Jobs in poland and Lituania as opportunity to work abroad scheme that the polish and Lituania government have with lidl or Aldi !

There is nobody hire workers in Lithuania or even Poland ! Simply go to Aldi or Lidl web site and fill vacancy form there,uploading your CV.Once job will there,you will get phone call.

Nobody in Poland not interested in low paid jobs in Ireland,those days are gone.Average salary home in Poland 800 euros per month.For example getting 1600 in Aldi Ireland per month,minus 800 rent ,person from Poland will get same money as at home in Poland.Minimal salary in Poland is 450 per month,food cost twice cheaper than in Ireland.That is the main reason why polish coming back home and why government of Ireland try get irish work hard on low paid jobs.

Yes,many jobs on indeed does not exist,because agencies do fake advertising trying get CV from people.That why many of us who applied for jobs did not hear anything back for couple months or was offered not what was looking for.Government of Ireland MUST stop agencies do fake adverteisment

About lazy irish lads,not true from start to the end ! I know many irish lads who did not have day off for couple or more months,working hard at 2 jobs or doing nixers after work ! More,I would say irish is the hardest working nation I ever see in my life ! Yes,there is plenty exceptions,but irish are not lazy !

• Registered Users Posts: 17 N2017

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/private-jobpath-operators-to-get-job-sustainment-fees-1.2387594
    http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/what-is-the-truth-about-the-department-of-social-protection-3116214-Dec2016/
    but the scheme benefits an employing company too, as employers are incentivised to take on individuals from this agency. ( this also explains why Seetec was trying to find out the employer's details of the mentioned members of this discussion board, perhaps they wanted to pass on the bonus to the company, and not only get their bonuses to themselves)

Employers also receive a bonus for hiring individuals from SEETEC, (i can not recall the exact figure, but its around 10 or 8K for a year, over the 2 year period provided the employee stays on in employment).

of course it would be great to see the benefits passed on to individuals taking on the jobs from Seetec, perhaps, in form of PAYE / PRSI tax exemptions or reduction to encourage them to do their best and continue staying in employment.
    But it is not the case in this scenario as yet, perhaps this will change in the following years...

I came across some information just recently, thought, that if an unemployed individual becomes S/E (some conditions need to be met) he would be exempt form tax on first 40K for 2 consecutive years and may even get to keep their allowance for 2 years as well, so S/E is the way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭killaspec

Not sure about the tax exemption for the two years but if you become S/E they have a grant of upto €5000 to help you out to get stuff you need. For example say I was opening a tech business that €5000 could go towards new PC and software. You also get to hold onto you social payments for I think a max of two years but first year is like 75% then second year is 50% (I believe).

Look when it comes to Seetec I understand why people tend to whine about them but instead of bitching why not make up your mind where you want to go and what you want to do in the long run then push them to help you get there. I was made redundant a few years ago and at the beginning social tried to push me into dead end jobs and sent me on meaningless courses. I bitched about it for months to my wife and she said instead of complaining make an action plan and stick to it. At the time I was managing takeaways and while I loved the people I worked with I hated the actual job.

So I sat down researched my options at the time and set an action plan into motion. I returned to social at the time and layed my plan on the table and discussed what options I had available with them (Keep in mind I am from South Africa but married to a wonderful irish lady). Fast forward 5 years and I have just finished my honors degree in network management and cloud infrastructure and have been offered a spot on the Ericsson's Masters course in software design.

Once I had completed my honors degree I got a call from Seetec in Athlone, which to be honest I was dreading but again I did my homework on them and went to the induction with a layout of where I see them helping me to better my possibilities of getting a job, I outlined where my weakness are ( for example my CV sucks) and I have sat down with my advisor and we are now working to better it and make it more appealing for companies, I have requested that they help me with cover letter writing to help in the future.

While I will have to say that everyone in their office looked like they had just left college I have found them extremely friendly and willing to bend over backwards to help me to achieve my goals. When dealing with them remember they are just following the companies guidelines and they are only trying to do their job have a clear plan where you would like to go in the work force and show them that you have done your own ground work to achieve that goal and I am sure they will try their best to get you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alyssa292

AM being referred to Employer Services Consultant - anyone have any experience of this with seetec? The actual position itself is a advertized as sales so Im guessing this is going to be a pushy person

Advertisement