Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Arches apartments - worth investing?

Options
  • 05-05-2017 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Currently looking for an investment property in Kilkenny and seeing a lot of apartments in the Arches up for sale for around 130k 
    Has anyone invested or lived in the arches before? Is it safe? Would you live there?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Norinoco wrote: »
    Currently looking for an investment property in Kilkenny and seeing a lot of apartments in the Arches up for sale for around 130k?
    Has anyone invested or lived in the arches before? Is it safe? Would you live there?
    Cheers

It's not great tbh- in my opinion, very poorly maintained (they're only about 10 years old but feel much older) and also some dodgy tenants. Think a lot of investors are baling while the market upswings. It's a pity but they could be so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Thanks for that. The location is great, such a shame it hasn't worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I wouldn't touch anything that was slapped up to meet investor demand between 2002 and 2007, especially apartments in Kilkenny. There are a few good ones but you'd be as well modernizing an ex-council house with a garden within walking distance of the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

it has an elevator in it so i'd say management fees will be around a grand if not more. on the plus side you could get 750 for a two bedroom a month....i see a two bedroom went for 115 which is good going.
    They are decent apartment or the ones i was in were anyway.
    The hallway are a bit creepy but you are fairly certain to rent it out in todays market but can you be certain that will be the case

Advertisement