Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Android Gmail Account - Help Required

• 05-05-2017 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭

I just have a quick question that I am hoping somebody can answer. I have an Android device and I have always had it linked to one particular gmail address (work related). All my phone contacts are synced to this gmail account. However I closed this gmail address yesterday as I no longer had a need for it and I was paying a subscription for it.

So now I have set up a new personal gmail account which I am hoping to make the primary account for the phone. My question is how do I now sync all of the contacts that are on my phone to this gmail account?

When I go into the Account settings on the phone I can see that the phone is no longer able to sync with the deleted account (error showing) but It also shows that my new gmail account is synced with my contacts, app data, etc.

However when I log into my new gmail account online I cannot see all of my phone contacts. Am I doing something wrong??

Comments

I just have a quick question that I am hoping somebody can answer. I have an Android device and I have always had it linked to one particular gmail address (work related). All my phone contacts are synced to this gmail account. However I closed this gmail address yesterday as I no longer had a need for it and I was paying a subscription for it.

So now I have set up a new personal gmail account which I am hoping to make the primary account for the phone. My question is how do I now sync all of the contacts that are on my phone to this gmail account?

When I go into the Account settings on the phone I can see that the phone is no longer able to sync with the deleted account (error showing) but It also shows that my new gmail account is synced with my contacts, app data, etc.

However when I log into my new gmail account online I cannot see all of my phone contacts. Am I doing something wrong??

If you completely closed the Google account down, I'd say that those contacts are gone. You should have copied them across from one account to the other before closing down the account that has all of your contacts.

My guess is that you still see them because the account can't sync anymore, so the contacts are just sitting there. You might be able to try to export all contacts to a vcf file from your phone, and then use this file to import back in.

I would try something like: export all contacts > check exported file has the contacts you need > completely delete the Google account from your phone that won't sync any more > import contacts from the vcf file.

Advertisement