Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning soothers?

Options
  • 05-05-2017 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Probably a silly question but I dont see the answer in Google.

I am trying Nuk latex soothers with my little one. When I wash them the teat fills up with suds. The instructions say to 'just squeeze out any water". If I do this it takes ages and ages, like would take 10 mins if I was to get it all out.

Am I missing something or is this what has to be done to clean latex soothers? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

We use a soother tree. You put water in the base and pop it in the microwave for a minute and it steam cleans and sterilises them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I just used to rinse them under a running tap, rubbing off any visible dirt, then pop them into a mug of freshly boiled water. Then when the water had cooled down enough, took them out and squeezed out any remaining water. I didn't see the need for any washing up liquid etc, as the boiling water will sterilise any germs inside and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Thanks for the replies. Ya it is the washing up liquid that is the problem.

The instructions say to wash then sterilise. But yes you would think sterilising should kill anything harmful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I wouldn't wash them in washing up liquid at all, just use boiling water to sterilise them, it won't leave suds that can linger.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Ok good to know.

Just checked the instructions again and they do say to wash in mild washing liquid and then sterilise. But I'm having no luck squeezing out the suds so I'm going to have to skip that part.

• Advertisement
Advertisement