Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork or Wicklow Buy to Let

Options
  • 05-05-2017 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all - I've been following the property market for a while now and am at a point where I'd like to jump back in with a buy to let property; my question: Cork has been good to me over the years and there is reasonable value in the likes of Douglas, Rochestown etc. That said, I can see some benefit to investing in an apartment somewhere like Greystones which is relatively commutable to Dublin and imo a nice little village - so, all things being equal: equivalent price of a three bed townhouse in Douglas/Maryborough Hill/Rochestown and a reasonably sized 2 bed apartment with a reasonable view in Greystones - and equivalent rental returns on both, which would you go for? Cork or Wicklow? Any opinions to get me to a conclusion are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

What has informed your decision that now is 'the time' out of interest? It would seem to be a terrible bloody time to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CorkPedro

It's a long term investment - yields reasonably healthy in both locations and I still think there is value out there. Why do you think it's such a terrible time to invest?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wait for the crash. Prices can't continue like they are and rental prices are through the roof pun intended....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

CorkPedro wrote: »
    It's a long term investment - yields reasonably healthy in both locations and I still think there is value out there. Why do you think it's such a terrible time to invest?

Current upswing in prices and the anti-LL sentiment and legislation.

Advertisement