Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue 116 Dublin Airport Cycle

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they should be allowed cycle down the runway. i've always thought that'd make a great drag race on bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Same day as the WW200? Did no-one check that first?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Good call, few bob donated.

Same day as the WW200? Did no-one check that first?

First thing I thought too, but I think they're looking for money rather than cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

smacl wrote: »
    First thing I thought too, but I think they're looking for money rather than cyclists.
    Apologies - I see that now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Poster is a bit confusing...are they looking for people to sign up and actually cycle? or are they looking for people to sponsor Airport Fire/police staff to cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

smacl wrote: »

Seems to be looking for money...

Though I'd be interested to know more details, and slightly suspicious of the spelling mistakes:
    "The Dublin Aiport Police & Fire Service like everyone in Ireland were devestated"

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Seems to be looking for money...

Though I'd be interested to know more details, and slightly suspicious of the spelling mistakes:
    "The Dublin Aiport Police & Fire Service like everyone in Ireland were devestated"

Seems legit, in that it is also posted on their own website http://www.fire-ireland.com/ and the Swords CC facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/SwordsCC/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Poster is a bit confusing...are they looking for people to sign up and actually cycle? or are they looking for people to sponsor Airport Fire/police staff to cycle?

I assumed they were looking for cyclists to take part & raise sponsorship - possibly not though, should have read it properly first :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I assumed they were looking for cyclists to take part & raise sponsorship - possibly not though, should have read it properly first :o

Me too! might tag along on the day anyway ...give them a wheel to draft behind.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they're very suspicious of a backdraft though, those firefighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I've signed up , looking forward to it. Everyone would be welcome.

07Lapierre wrote:

Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

rushfan wrote: »
    I've signed up , looking forward to it. Everyone would be welcome.

Cool! is there a separate link to sign up?

Cool! is there a separate link to sign up?

I just contacted one of the organisers.

Advertisement