Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road bike tyre query

Options
  • 05-05-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a road bike with 700X25c tyres on them, I was thinking of getting a slightly wider tyre for the rims that I have, would a wider tyre fit these rims ?.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what rims do you have?
    does the bike itself have clearance for wider tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭vtiniall

I think between the Brakes there is clearance to fit a wider tyre. It is more for the run to and from work. I do have a puncture resistant tyre on it at the moment. I have a similar tyre to this (Continental GatorHardshell) on it, just looking for more comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My bike came with x23 tyres. I've changed them to x28 puncture resistant but I did some cursing getting then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭vtiniall

I have been some of the Chris Boardman bikes The Boardman CX Comp bike with the larger tyres, I was just thinking if the likes of those tyres would fit in place of the 700X25c tyres I currently have on it. I have this road bike for the past 20years and was hand built, It weights the same all of those Carbon bike on sale now, eventhough mine is an aluminium frame. So would like to keep it.

Advertisement