Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help an eejit unlock her S7 Edge

• 05-05-2017 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭

I'll start by saying - I am in idiot!

I can't remember my lock pattern. Have tried every combination and can't bloody get it! Got into it a week ago by fluke after an update.

Anyway. Just to top it all off, I can't remember my samsung account password.

So. I can get the samsung account password reset, but that's useless because it will log me out of my account on my phone!

Is there any way around this?

Most of the options I'm seeing online don't work for the S7 :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You know this is exactly what phone thieves say right? :D

Just use the reset. Probably same procedure as in this link (diff model tho) -> https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30227

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

srsly78 wrote: »
    You know this is exactly what phone thieves say right? :D

Just use the reset. Probably same procedure as in this link (diff model tho) -> https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30227

I probably should have said I don't want to lose data! I'm not sure if my photos have been backing up :(

The whole point of having a secure device is that you can't easily hack into it. The downside to this is if you forget your credentials then you are gonna lose your stuff!

Consider calling up the NSA and telling them you think there is critical intel on the device. If that isn't an option use the hardware reset.

Please learn that phones should not be used as permanent storage devices, always sync with cloud for backups etc.

srsly78 wrote: »
    The whole point of having a secure device is that you can't easily hack into it. The downside to this is if you forget your credentials then you are gonna lose your stuff!

Consider calling up the NSA and telling them you think there is critical intel on the device. If that isn't an option use the hardware reset.

Please learn that phones should not be used as permanent storage devices, always sync with cloud for backups etc.

I would call them - but I can't get into my phone :(

Now I can call the NSA :D

I might ask them for a job. Seeing as I'm so good at cracking samsung security ;):D

And all my stuff was backing up too. I'm deadly.

• Advertisement

You remembered your password? Or were able to get in via samsung account reset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I know a lad that would've sorted that, €50. No bother

Advertisement