Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike to Work Bike Shop in Cork Recomendation

Options
  • 05-05-2017 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy a "bike to work" bike this Sunday in Cork and am looking for advise on some bike shops to try.
    Obviously the main criteria is that it has to be open Sunday,registered for the BTW scheme with the HSE and good value!!
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

The Edge is probably the only store open on Sundays. And Halfords of course.
    I doubt any LBSs are open on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Hard to fault the Edge. It is a great shop (well shops as they have two) and the bike folks are really helpful and knowledgable. Giant in Ballincollig would be another option who are probably open on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

+1 on The Edge, they might be a bit expensive but their range of stock is impressive and they have some decent lads working in there. My advice is to pop in there early in the morning as it can get busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Hard to fault the Edge. It is a great shop (well shops as they have two) and the bike folks are really helpful and knowledgable. Giant in Ballincollig would be another option who are probably open on Sunday.

I presume Giant only supply Giant bikes. I would prefer a LBS but am restricted to Sundays so it looks like The Edge or Halfords will be my options. I was leaning towards The Edge anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    I presume Giant only supply Giant bikes. I would prefer a LBS but am restricted to Sundays so it looks like The Edge or Halfords will be my options. I was leaning towards The Edge anyway

be nice to them in the Edge to see if they will do a proper fitting for you as well. I did a session with them a while back that took about 45 mins and made a huge difference to my position and comfort on the bike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement