Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APR % - Classic Credit Card?

Options
  • 05-05-2017 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have my BOI "Classic Credit Card" for years now, how do i find out what Interest Rate i am on? just wondering if id be on some legacy rate or something. I use it in different capacities at times. Some times i use it, and clear the balance in full within the month, other times for larger purchases i would let the balance roll over and clear down the amount.

It's hard to understand how the interest is applied sometimes. I tried to look it up on the BOI Website, but hard to follow, could someone help explain it to me? I'd be very grateful.

As an example, last month my outstanding balance was €1,504.00 and i was charged "Purchase Interest" of €21.79 - this balance rolled for two months and then i cleared it in full last week. Was that €21.79 just for that 1500 or for previous months balances? Is the interest charged monthly, quarterly or annually?

thank you in advance

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

oB1 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have my BOI "Classic Credit Card" for years now, how do i find out what Interest Rate i am on? just wondering if id be on some legacy rate or something. I use it in different capacities at times. Some times i use it, and clear the balance in full within the month, other times for larger purchases i would let the balance roll over and clear down the amount.

It's hard to understand how the interest is applied sometimes. I tried to look it up on the BOI Website, but hard to follow, could someone help explain it to me? I'd be very grateful.

As an example, last month my outstanding balance was €1,504.00 and i was charged "Purchase Interest" of €21.79 - this balance rolled for two months and then i cleared it in full last week. Was that €21.79 just for that 1500 or for previous months balances? Is the interest charged monthly, quarterly or annually?

thank you in advance

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for your post. 

We had a similar query recently here which will help with your questions.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

oB1 wrote: »
    Hi there,

thank you in advance

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for your post. 

We had a similar query recently here which will help with your questions.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks Tara,

It was helpful. The fact that i now know i can see the APR on the end of my eStatement is hugely beneficial, i didn't know that.

Rob

Advertisement