Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gymshark-like clothing in Dublin?

• 05-05-2017 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38 Kaibutsu

Do you guys know where to buy it? I've seen very few modern, good-looking gym wear around town. It's mostly sports clothing which is completely different. Something a footballer would wear.

Any advice is welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Most people on this forum tend to be quite utilitarian about this sort of thing. I wear a random tank top or old tshirt with shorts.

That said, it looks like you can order directly from their eu website - wouldn't that do?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kaibutsu

Zillah wrote: »
    Most people on this forum tend to be quite utilitarian about this sort of thing. I wear a random tank top or old tshirt with shorts.

That said, it looks like you can order directly from their eu website - wouldn't that do?

It is quite expensive, especially with the shipping. Plus, I can't try it on, you know?

But I find it hard to believe there's no stores for this here. I've never seen as many gym-goers per capita as in Dublin, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Is it for working out or fashion?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Zillah wrote: »

Not me. I'm so fashion forward it hurts sometimes. I was wearing this in the gym last night:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01FMEGCBY/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Omg that's amazing

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Omg that's amazing

It really is.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Brian? wrote: »
    Not me. I'm so fashion forward it hurts sometimes. I was wearing this in the gym last night:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01FMEGCBY/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    want

Is it for working out or fashion?

Both. That's what these brands focus on. Quality/comfort + fashionable.

Kaibutsu wrote: »
    Both. That's what these brands focus on. Quality/comfort + fashionable.

Ok. I'm no use to you.

I'm one of the utilitarian ones Zillah mentioned above. Fashion is a land I have yet to visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

How about Aeropostale in Liffey valley? Penneys and Lidl is where I buy a lot of my fitness gear (as well as any free tshirts I get from running events) so I may not be at the cutting edge of fashion knowledge :)
    http://www.aeropostale.ie/

• Advertisement

How about Aeropostale in Liffey valley? Penneys and Lidl is where I buy a lot of my fitness gear (as well as any free tshirts I get from running events) so I may not be at the cutting edge of fashion knowledge :)

Thx. Will take a look next time I'm there. On the website I couldn't even find any gym clothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

That's closed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Penny's have a range of sporty clothes which they have completely ripped from.gymshrk

JJayoo wrote: »
    Penny's have a range of sporty clothes which they have completely ripped from.gymshrk

I've noticed. Actually own a couple items of theirs. Best options I could find so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Tk Maxx in Blanchardstown usually have a decent range.

Also have the Nike factory outlet out there but even with the discount they'll be a bit more expensive than what you'll find in tkmaxx

Been there only once real fast. Will go back to check it out. Thx ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

The pendulum has swung too far now. I'd like to know where you can actually get normal gym gear?

Bearing in mind that I'm dangerously close to 40, don't have a fade in my hair, speak in acronyms or my own youtube channel?

cmyk wrote: »
    The pendulum has swung too far now. I'd like to know where you can actually get normal gym gear?

Bearing in mind that I'm dangerously close to 40, don't have a fade in my hair, speak in acronyms or my own youtube channel?

It's a bit like when it was difficult to find black football boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

TK Maxx's finest all the way. I deserve sponsorship at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's a bit like when it was difficult to find black football boots.
    Bizarrely I seen a company on facebook today who appeared to be selling DIY kits to paint your boots black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

See if Lululemon or Sweaty Betty ship to Ireland. Simliar fashion concious brands and might be cheaper shipping.

cmyk wrote: »

I have a fade in my hair, mainly around the temples and crown. Isn't this normal for a man approaching 40? Is this a thinly veiled "I've loads of hair" post?

I don't know what a fade is.

they/them/theirs

I don't know what a fade is.

You're going to have to find out if you ever want to dab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

I have a fade in my hair, mainly around the temples and crown. Isn't this normal for a man approaching 40? Is this a thinly veiled "I've loads of hair" post? I don't know what a fade is.

I'm closing registration on my new programme pretty soon if you'd like to apply?

1zvu6o.jpg

You're going to have to find out if you ever want to dab.

I was dabbing before doing the dab was cool. Crippling hayfever.

they/them/theirs

I was dabbing before doing the dab was cool. Crippling hayfever.

It became cool when you stopped.

Advertisement