Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaa fraud

• 05-05-2017 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wondering how do you go about reporting people falsely collecting money for charity, i've just heard about a local gaa club who happen to be one of the richest clubs in munster being out doing bucket collections over the may bank holiday weekend, they had signs up saying the money was for cancer charities but now it turns out only some of the money is going to charity and the rest is being kept by the club, this is totally wrong and people were conned into handing over their money to what they thought was a good cause, is there a charity regulator or something that this can be reported to so that the gaa club can be investigated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

... it turns out only some of the money is going to charity and the rest is being kept by the club...
    how do you know this btw? And they did they categorically state that all the money raised would go to the charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 michael680

Muppet Man wrote: »
    how do you know this btw? And they did they categorically state that all the money raised would go to the charity?
    . I heard it from one of the people that was out collecting the money, they were in two towns collecting money and on the way into both towns they had small signs up saying money was being collected for a cancer hospice, but knowing the gaa Mod; insult deleted they probably have a technicality to get out of it but what they did is totally wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

michael680 wrote: »
    . I heard it from one of the people that was out collecting the money, they were in two towns collecting money and on the way into both towns they had small signs up saying money was being collected for a cancer hospice, but knowing the gaa ? M od insult deleted/B] they probably have a technicality to get out of it but what they did is totally wrong

Me thinks you are talking
    Mod: Let's keep it civil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

....... they had small signs up saying money was being collected for a cancer hospice......

Was the hospice named on the collectors' signage? They might be interested to know about your allegations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think any public collection needs a Superentendent's approval.
    Views on the GAA, are neither here nor there to this issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Just wondering how do you go about reporting people falsely collecting money for charity, i've just heard about a local gaa club who happen to be one of the richest clubs in munster being out doing bucket collections over the may bank holiday weekend, they had signs up saying the money was for cancer charities but now it turns out only some of the money is going to charity and the rest is being kept by the club, this is totally wrong and people were conned into handing over their money to what they thought was a good cause, is there a charity regulator or something that this can be reported to so that the gaa club can be investigated

Your post has all the hallmarks of a thinly veiled statement that you hate the GAA
    Were you dropped from your club for an U-12 league match 20 years ago or something.?
    Welcome to boards.ie by the way.
    Hope you can add to your grand total of 2 posts, maybe even one day becoming a mod.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

i've just heard about a local gaa club who happen to be one of the richest clubs in munster

Did you hear it from your brother's, father in law's,first cousin's, next door neighbour's, uncle's wife..??
    Then it must be true.....:D:D

• Advertisement

He states that he has, but has chosen to come to boards.ie to whinge about it instead.!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Michael680, you profess to be new poster here.
    You have made claims which may be defamatory.
    If you genuinely have issues here, talk to Gardaí and Charities Regulator
    Three months ban for irresponsible posting
    Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement