Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi Calling iPhone 6

Options
  • 05-05-2017 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,

I see on the website https://www.eir.ie/WiFiCall/ that the iPhone 5S and up is now supported for WiFi calling, how do I enable this on my iPhone? I am on a Eir Business contract.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi stuck2007,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm afraid, iPhone would not be enabled for this service. The only device that supports this service would be the Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S7, S8, S8 plus and the Samsung Galaxy. Unfortunately, we have no update for iPhones at the moment as this has not been confirmed as of yet. 

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stuck2007

Hi stuck2007,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm afraid, iPhone would not be enabled for this service. The only device that supports this service would be the Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S7, S8, S8 plus and the Samsung Galaxy. Unfortunately, we have no update for iPhones at the moment as this has not been confirmed as of yet. 

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Leanne.
    Managed to get it working over the weekend just needed to do a carrier update and turn it on in the Phone settings, very impressed so far. I attached a picture of what it looks like with it turned on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi stuck2007,

I'm happy to hear this is working for you, I'm afraid we have not been made aware of this yet.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi guys,

Just a quick update for anybody who is enquiring about wifi calling for iPhones. This service is now available for customers who have an iPhone 5C or higher. Over the coming days, any of our customers who has one of these phones should receive a new carrier bundle update notification which includes WiFi calling. 

Customers who have updated to the latest carrier bundle can enable Wifi calling by going to the phone's settings, clicking on 'Phone', then clicking on 'Wi-Fi Calling', after this has been done, WiFi calling can be enabled using the sliding bar.

Thanks,
    Adam

Advertisement