Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Push Notifications Not Working

Options
  • 05-05-2017 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi,

I am hoping that someone on Boards.ie might be able to help me with an issue that has been bugging me for a couple of years now.

For some strange reason, Facebook notifications do not work on my phone, as in I do not receive any notifications whatsoever on my iPhone from Facebook only. This has persisted with an iPhone 5S, 6 and my current 6S over a few years.

I have tried literally everything i.e. ensuring notifications are turned on and alerts are enabled in settings. I have tried tweeking notifications settings in the app. I have deactivated and reactivated my Facebook account. I have deleted and reinstalled the App. I have hard reset my phone and restored my iPhone. But literally nothing works.

So I'm assuming there's something wrong on the Facebook end of things, but they were of no assistance either and sent me a generic response when I reported the issue to them.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to resolve it?

I work for an events company and shift offers are posted into a Facebook group on a first come, first served basis so for that reason alone, I need to get this working.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Hugo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I would say it could be your privacy settings within Facebook itself could be the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Do you have notification enable on the Facebook website.

Here are my settings.

417138.GIF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭z6vm1dobfnca3x

Hi,

Thanks for all of your suggestions, but notifications still aren't working...

Cheers,
    Hugo

Advertisement