Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone line in the house

Options
  • 05-05-2017 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

have moved in a new house and was disconnected 7 years ago
    Old number and occupier unknown
    Have a internet contract with someone else who cant help me to get the line activated
    Had contact with the helpdesk from eir and even they could not find out anything
    Eir would  only reconnect the house as been a new one with a contract for 18 months
    I don't want a contract with you only the line reconnected so my provider can go ahead
    Why is eir not swapping the details with my provider to get my broadband going???
    Again I don't want any contracts with eir only want the line working

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi crossmolinalad, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

As your current provider cannot currently take over the line, we would need to test the line to make sure there is no line fault. If there is a fault with the line, this would mean we could not release it to another provider.  Can you please PM me your telephone line number and I will have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Can you please PM me your telephone line number and I will have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    Old number and occupier unknown

:rolleyes:

Hi crossmolinalad, 

As your current provider cannot currently take over the line, we would need to test the line to make sure there is no line fault. If there is a fault with the line, this would mean we could not release it to another provider.  Can you please PM me your telephone line number and I will have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    To find out what the telephone line number is, you would need to get a handset, plug it into the main telephone line socket that is on the wall and dial 199000. We will then be able to check the status of the number for you.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Hi crossmolinalad, 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    To find out what the telephone line number is, you would need to get a handset, plug it into the main telephone line socket that is on the wall and dial 199000. We will then be able to check the status of the number for you.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    Not possible line is broken by last storm and never repaired

If the line is then damaged, I would recommend contacting your service provider and ordering a new line. 

Or, if you would like to order a new line from eir, I would recommend contacting our sales department on 1800 503 303. This would also be free installation. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Advertisement
Advertisement