Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quarkxpress 2016 Corrupt files

• 05-05-2017 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hey, anyone know if there is any way of recovering a corrupt file, had a power outage while large important file was open now keeps crashing??? any help welcome
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Check for an earlier autosave version of the file?
    On Windows, check the file size of the document in the File Manager, in Windows Explorer, or by right-clicking the file and choosing Properties.
    If you had the Auto Save option turned on in the Application preferences (Go to QuarkXPress > Preferences and select the Save pane), you can try opening the Auto Saved document in QuarkXPress. In Windows, you need to rename the “.asv“ file to “.qxp” and try to open it in the application.

Quark is a bit of a pain for this. There's both an autosave and autobackup option. Hopefully one is set for you.
    https://quark.parature.com/link/portal/30026/30029/Article/1355/How-to-Back-Up-Your-Projects-Using-Auto-Backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Or try folder properties->previous versions

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭doctorwho-fan

Thanks, will this work for mac too, file just keeps crashing, have been in touch with markzware and cost me 60e just for them to say they couldn't fix it and did i have a pdf?? if i had a pdf i would not have needed them!!! I think i will have to give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Time machine set up on the Mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭doctorwho-fan

minikin wrote: »
    Time machine set up on the Mac?

Yes time machine set up have file from 40 previously. Can open file in word showing text.

• Advertisement
Advertisement