Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if I get 3+ numbers on a multiple draw Irish lotto ticket?

Options
  • 05-05-2017 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,681 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I got a lotto ticket that covers 8 draws. What would happen if for example I got 3 numbers on the 5th draw. How would I get paid since I'd have to hold onto the ticket for a further 3 draws. Do I just have to wait until all 8 draws are complete to claim a win(s)?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

I got a lotto ticket that covers 8 draws. What would happen if for example I got 3 numbers on the 5th draw. How would I get paid since I'd have to hold onto the ticket for a further 3 draws. Do I just have to wait until all 8 draws are complete to claim a win(s)?

They saw you coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

As far as i know they scan the ticket and you get a printout of a receipt for the amount and it also prints out a replacement ticket(same numbers etc) and they keep the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

You'd wish that you done it in the bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭dmc17

You'll win nothing. Don't worry about it. The national lottery is gone to complete sh1te since they sold it

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Nickla

I think you can claim it and just keep your ticket for the remaining draws. The retailer doesn't need to keep the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

They scan the ticket. You'll get your winnings. You will get your ticket back as its valid for future draws. Machine tells retailer that ticket still valid so they know to hand back to yourself afaik.

Advertisement