Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prince Charles coming to Kilkenny(No political crap)

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

gobo99 wrote: »
    Looks the oldest anyway...
    "most would say best city..." :pac:

Swear ta fcuk...whenever I get home....if the tourism board don't hire me .....

.....il be like everyone else there unemployed and angry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Lol, if Kilkenny is a city, why did it win the Tidy Towns title?!
    #friendlyrivelry

We play all angles...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/lists/The-30-most-beautiful-towns-in-Europe/
    Most Beautiful town in Europe.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/kilkenny-voted-europes-friendliest-city-602828.html
    Friendliest city in Europe.

We play all the cards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

dirtyden wrote: »
    How very considerate of you.
    It is a scandal in contemporary international law, don’t forget, that while “wanton destruction of towns, cities and villages” is a war crime of long standing, the bombing of cities from airplanes goes not only unpunished but virtually unaccused. Air bombardment is state terrorism, the terrorism of the rich. It has burned up and blasted apart more innocents in the past six decades than have all the antistate terrorists who ever lived. Something has benumbed our consciousness against this reality. In the United States we would not consider for the presidency a man who had once thrown a bomb into a crowded restaurant, but we are happy to elect a man who once dropped bombs from airplanes that destroyed not only restaurants but the buildings that contained them and the neighborhoods that surrounded them. I went to Iraq after the Gulf war and saw for myself what the bombs did; “wanton destruction” is just the term for it.
    – C. Douglas Lummis, political scientist

I think that sums the double standards really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Prince Charles had family targeted and killed and he has managed to move on. Were your family also targeted and killed and is that why you can't do the same?

So did Gerry Adams.

Yeah, he moved on too. But people who were much less directly involved, seem unable to move on. Weird ain't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Kilkenny's a nice town/city (I am really no longer sure what cities in Ireland -are- cities anymore, I'm used to the original five, but I think it's morphed past that definition long-since.) Still about time Waterford annexed Ferrybank though! Most of the effect of anything going on in Ferrybank affects Waterford a lot more than Kilkenny.

Probably just as well not to send Prince Charles to Waterford though. Some good things to see, but it's not the best city for just wandering around. The last few times I was there it looked like it had been abandoned in the early 90s and forgotten about. And Waterford wasn't really doing well in the early 90s. Also, god knows what the Ferrybank cliff would get painted with if he was going there.

Anyone know if it's currently blue and white, yellow and black or did they keep the ceasepaint of green, white and orange?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Samaris wrote: »

Anyone know if it's currently blue and white, yellow and black or did they keep the ceasepaint of green, white and orange?

Repeal the 8th last time i seen it!

Fun fact:
    that place is known as mount misery...pretty much sums up waterford tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Repeal the 8th last time i seen it!

Fun fact:
    that place is known as mount misery...pretty much sums up waterford tbh

The Muriel on the hotel on the hill is beautiful, whoever did it is very talented,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Autosport wrote: »
    The Muriel on the hotel on the hill is beautiful, whoever did it is very talented,

Mural. That isn't grammar Nazi, that's just wtf it is. A Muriel is a whole nother wedding.

Advertisement