Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Employment law v contract law

• 05-05-2017 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I'm looking for some advise, I recently informed my employer that I would only be able to give 4 weeks notice as per the 2 months stated in my contract. (Yep I know breaching my contract) I'm in the job 1 year and 9 months.
    Then what followed was what felt like several threats to get me to change my resignation letter to 2 months instead of the one I stated. I was informed how unprofessional this was. Than told that the company legally don't have to say I worked there. They would not be giving me a reference, if I ever applied to company again this would be seen as gross misconduct. After I continually stated I would not be changing my resignation letter to state 2 months notice as they asked me to do. They finally stated that my P45 would not be released until my actual contract length(2 months) was served. I'm wondering if anyone can offer me some advise about the whole situation.
    Many thanks,
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Sorry, cannot get legal advice on this forum
    Talk to a solicitor
    Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement