Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large concrete garage demolition cost

Options
  • 05-05-2017 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Could anyone give an estimate for demolition of a concrete garage/workshop please?
    The workshop extends to 1,000 sq. ft. at ground floor level and approx 600 sq. ft. at first floor level. Please see attached.

Ideally I'd like to get rid of most of it, just keep about 1/3 of downstairs as a single garage, would this make the demolition tricky & any estimate for this too please?

Thanks in advance,
    Pa

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Could anyone give an estimate for demolition of a concrete garage/workshop please?
    The workshop extends to 1,000 sq. ft. at ground floor level and approx 600 sq. ft. at first floor level. Please see attached.

Ideally I'd like to get rid of most of it, just keep about 1/3 of downstairs as a single garage, would this make the demolition tricky & any estimate for this too please?

Thanks in advance,
    Pa
    Cam I ask why you want to demolish a perfectly good building?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

tradesman wrote: »
    Cam I ask why you want to demolish a perfectly good building?

Its in a property we're thinking of buying. The garage is way too large for our needs and blocks sun from entire back garden in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

I think your mad to demolish it, we dont get and overly huge amount of evening sun and at that its normally cool in Ireland with evening sun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

dinneenp wrote: »
    Its in a property we're thinking of buying. The garage is way too large for our needs and blocks sun from entire back garden in the evening.

ln one of the pics it looks like the sun comes onto the grass further from the house - id put a patio area there. IMO it is madness to knock the building as it looks perfect. It would cost a small fortune to erect a garage that size & quality

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Thanks for the replies. I was just looking for a rough estimate before considering fully whether we'd knock it or not.
    I know people say it's madness but if you have something that you don't want/need, no matter how good it is, it's some space that isn't serving any purpose for you.

Anyway, a bid went in on the house that was well above what we are willing to bid so it's an irrelevant question now.

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement