Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you ever lie awake in your bed, look around and think..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

In case you're ever broken into, get yourself a small safe. Fill it up with pieces of newspapers. Lock it up and put it somewhere that you can easily see in your living room/kitchen. If you're ever broken into, they will more than likely take the safe thinking there's money in it.

And it might end up on Boards as another "I found a safe" thread :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

anna080 wrote: »
    If someone walked into the room to attack me, what would I do to defend myself? Am in bed alone now and if someone came into the room to try and harm me I don't think there's anything in here that I could grab to defend myself. Maybe a pair of blunt toe nail scissors, but I'd have to rummage to find them and I'd probably be murdered by then.
    Should we all sleep with a knife under the bed? :pac:

I have a Bob. Aka my other half.

Bob will slap with things..

I would use knifes and bricks..

Be like Bob. **** an object at them.

Using knifes might get a week of jail or a bill for bricks.

Bob would fire a few items that would kill a burglar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

First line - a dog
    Second line - a dagger
    Third line - a sword.......
    If someone comes into my bedroom, I'm expecting someone to die!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

What was the name of that serial killer who hid in women's bedroom wardrobes before committing his crimes?

The Night Stalker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When I watched freddy Krueger, I used to be paranoid his claws would come through the mattress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Just don't go to bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

If someone walked into the room to attack me, what would I do to defend myself? Am in bed alone now and if someone came into the room to try and harm me I don't think there's anything in here that I could grab to defend myself. Maybe a pair of blunt toe nail scissors, but I'd have to rummage to find them and I'd probably be murdered by then.
    Should we all sleep with a knife under the bed? :pac:

Often! She was big, blonde and beautiful and I tried valiantly to fight her off but to no avail! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I would ask them if they smiled at the cameras on the way up the stairs. Then leg it out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Academic wrote: »
    Yes. I'm sure all of us from time to time lay awake worrying about things. I do, I know.

It could be work-related, financial, or just general angst like worrying about dying. And worrying about dying is perfectly rational; I?m sure we all do it since we all know we?re going to die.

What?s not rational is worrying about dying because someone sneaks into your bedroom at night at kills you. That?s probably about as likely as being killed by a meteorite.

Worry about causes of death that are actually common.

The op was about what would happen if someone came into her room while she was in bed. This is not limited to murderers on the rampage, it could include thieves and even drunk people who get lost on the way home from the pub

(genuine story. After Munster won the Champions cup in 2006, my brothers wife was woken up by a young fella stumbling blind drunk and confused into her bedroom. He turned down the wrong corridor in a block of flats and somehow got into her flat. Yer man hadn't a clue where he was and thought she was in his room and was demanding that she get out.. )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Why did I read this in a Scottish accent? I have one but he's away :pac:

If you need someone to come over for a wee fondle of your funbags you only have to say the word

Advertisement