Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the difference between design and craftwork?

Options
  • 06-05-2017 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Especially if you're doing a poster... I'm really confused

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Design is all that happens before you make your poster. Why you chose certain colours, images, slogans etc..

You need to show the history of how your poster developed, ideas you chose and discarded and why.

Craftwork covers the physical making of your poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oilio

Thank you, but I still have a few questions.
    We show our reasoning behind the design in our preliminary sheet right? And I know that the final proposal should show some development from the preliminary designs, so do we mention the reasons why we chose to make our final poster or do we just make it ? And if we should mention the reasons do we write it on the back of the poster or on the front ( similar to the preliminary)?
    I'm sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just confused.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'll have to leave that for an Art teacher. It's rather a long time since I did mine.

Advertisement