Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone having trouble with notifications, specifically Viber, since updating to the latest beta of Oxygen? No sound, just a vibration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with notifications, specifically Viber, since updating to the latest beta of Oxygen? No sound, just a vibration.

Try going into app list, and then notifications and change the notification sound.

blade1 wrote: »
    Try going into app list, and then notifications and change the notification sound.

I changed it from "app provides sound" to a specific sound and now it works again!

Odd one, but thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I changed it from "app provides sound" to a specific sound and now it works again!

Odd one, but thanks :D

Thats exactly what I meant.
    I'm not sure what the problem is but it worked for my 5t and a friends 3 and we don't even have the latest beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody encountered the issue where you have a blue notification light intermittently but there are no notifications? Been going on for days now, very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Benzino wrote:
    Anybody encountered the issue where you have a blue notification light intermittently but there are no notifications? Been going on for days now, very annoying.

Only when my phone is charging or a update is available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Only when my phone is charging or a update is available

Unfortunately this is happening when it's not charging and there are no system updates. May need to reset phone to get rid of it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Anyone else having issues getting the Leap card app to read a Leap card via NFC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

corwill wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues getting the Leap card app to read a Leap card via NFC?

Works for me, but only when I take the case off the phone.

Yeah, I tried taking off the case, but no joy. Google Pay worked grand the last time I used it, although that was a while ago.

The Leap card is bit aged at this stage, maybe that's the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

The sweetspot NFC is quite tiny on the One Plus 5, this might be of help:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5/how-to/oneplus-5-nfc-antenna-placement-t3719169

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Yes and the reason for me selling my Oneplus 5 :mad:

I use Nest at home for cameras and found I wouldn't get notifications or maybe get them randomly. The same with gmail and other apps. Even though I disabled battery optimization for those apps.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Yes and the reason for me selling my Oneplus 5 :mad:

I use Nest at home for cameras and found I wouldn't get notifications or maybe get them randomly. The same with gmail and other apps. Even though I disabled battery optimization for those apps.

I managed to kinda fix it by specifying the exact notification sound to be played!
    However, sometimes if 2 or more Viber messages come in together, I don't get a sound either!

It's very fooking annoying :mad:

Worked, thanks a mil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I use google pay a lot and never had any trouble with the NFC. I thought it was the tiny gap at the top of the camera mounting that was the NFC sweet spot

newbie2 wrote: »
    I use google pay a lot and never had any trouble with the NFC. I thought it was the tiny gap at the top of the camera mounting that was the NFC sweet spot

I don't use NFC much, but the Leap card is the only thing that's been an issue. Now that I know to hold it today to to the space above the camera, it seems to be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭otterj

Whats the best site for buying one of these phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

otterj wrote: »

https://www.oneplus.com/ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

otterj wrote: »

You cant buy it anymore from their site

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

.... because they'll be launching the OnePlus 6 soon (rather than for any other reason)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Margan

pandabat wrote: »
    .... because they'll be launching the OnePlus 6 soon (rather than for any other reason)

Has there been any indication when they are going to launch 6? Just lost my 5 so want to replace it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Margan wrote: »
    Has there been any indication when they are going to launch 6? Just lost my 5 so want to replace it.

I'll be selling my 5t later in the week. If I were betting I'd say late May for 6 release

Margan wrote: »

It'll be May or June by the looks of it

Oreo 8.1 rolling out on a staggered basis, VPN to Germany to skip the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

corwill wrote: »
    Oreo 8.1 rolling out on a staggered basis, VPN to Germany to skip the queue.

Just use oxygen updater from the play store to download it, any update pops up as soon as an update is released. No need for any messing about

deco nate wrote: »
    Just use oxygen updater from the play store to download it, any update pops up as soon as an update is released. No need for any messing about

I have Opera VPN on the phone anyway, so it's all the same to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Agent Cooper

Has anyone ever had trouble with the phone picking up a 4G signal? I'm with Eir and now all I'm getting anywhere is H+ at best. I've got a replacement sim card and reset the phone. I'm stumped as to what to do next. I've a bad feeling the phone's faulty :(

Go into Settings -> SIM1 -> Network Operators and search for available networks (you may have to disable the "Choose automatically" option to search).

Do you see 4G networks in the results? (you might see "3 3G" and "3 4G" for instance). If you can see 4G networks than the phone is probably ok.

Does your SIM/Eir network plan allow you to access their 4G network? Not all plans used to but might be different now? If yes then check with Eir that you are correctly provisioned to access it.

I'm not seeing 4G there at all.

I've had this phone since last Autumn and never had any trouble at all with it. I've always had fast, consistent 4G and I've not changed my plan. According to Eir all is fine with my account.

• Advertisement

It's possible that the SIM could have an issue/failure? Can you borrow anyone else's 4G SIM, stick it in the phone and see if you can pick up their network? Can other people see 4G networks where you are (don't know your location)?

I've replaced the SIM. And yes, someone else who's beside me can pick up 4G with eir

Sounds like the phone then!

Yep :( Thanks for your help though.

Try taking a look at this one!
    Is your preferred network type set to 2G/3G/4G (Automatic)?

Yes, it is.

I think it's the phone because I've not been playing around with the network settings at all. It worked like a dream for 5 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

I had an issue on my 3 a while back. one sim was getting 4g and the other only H+.
    Turned out the phone company had not enabled 4G on the sim despite them saying they had.
    Tried it with someone elses sim on the same network and it worked with 4G so called again and persisted.

Might be that...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

pandabat wrote: »
    Go into Settings -> SIM1 -> Network Operators and search for available networks (you may have to disable the "Choose automatically" option to search).

Do you see 4G networks in the results? (you might see "3 3G" and "3 4G" for instance). If you can see 4G networks than the phone is probably ok.

I noticed my (Vodafone) connection wasn't showing 4G so I tried the above (disabling automatic). I could see 2G, 3G and 4G options (no 'multiples') so I selected 4G.

Now I have 4G! (Never noticed I didn't -not sure if I ever had). But since I live outside the city -of Cork- I likely won't have 4G out there. Will I still get a signal while I drive home or do I have to leave it on Automatic selection to ensure I keep a connection?

My guess would be that, once you "Preferred network type" set to "2G/3G/4G (automatic)" then you will get service on the way home. I think that your selection in the other menu merely selects the provider (e.g. VF, Eir, 3, etc.) but it's also a handy way to see all available networks. See how you get on and report back!

Well it seems, since choosing the Vodafone 4G option (with Preferred Network Type set to 2G/3G/4G auto) I am getting 4G all the time. I'm sitting at home now with 4G. Definitely never had that before -not that it ever bothered me, but it seems letting it "choose automatically" isn't always necessarily the best thing.

Well it seems, since choosing the Vodafone 4G option (with Preferred Network Type set to 2G/3G/4G auto) I am getting 4G all the time. I'm sitting at home now with 4G. Definitely never had that before -not that it ever bothered me, but it seems letting it "choose automatically" isn't always necessarily the best thing.

If the 3G signal is stronger then the 4G signal, it may stay on 3G for better battery life! In those situations, I'd always force 4G, like you have, it's just better :D

• Advertisement

If I notice my battery failing more quickly I'll stick it back on auto, but it's a rare day that ends below 45% since I got the 5t, so I have a bit to play with. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AnnaMD

I have had terrible trouble with the data connection on my 5, on h+, which is what I pick up at home. So much so that I was about to send it back to oneplus for repair, I was waiting on the label to be issued (if you google this, you will see that there seems to be an issue with oneplus phones on h+). Then all of a sudden, it started working perfectly, so I cancelled the repair. There had been an update a few days previously. However, the last two weeks or so, I am back to having very poor connection on h+. So I do think its a phone issue, I had tried a new sim, etc. Once I'm in a 4G area, it works perfectly!

I put a 3 sim into the OP5 and it seems to be fine - I'm getting 4G with 3. I popped the Eir sim into my old phone and it's not getting 4G. Yet Eir tell me the sim should be fine and is 4G enabled. So now I'm not sure what to do and I'm not getting anything meaningful from Eir. Maybe port my number to 3 and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

any one having trobule with usb tethering since update to oreo 8.1 ?
    was able to tether wifi and network data before can do any now

No, I was tethering recently with no issues!
    But I always find if it's acting weird, doing a full reboot sorts it out :)

For anyone bothered by constant "This app is using GPS" notifications (with sounds) since the last Open Beta update. Here is the fix:

1) Trigger the notification by opening, say, Google Maps

2) Swipe down from the top and hold down on the notification. This should expand the notification and you should see an "All categories" option - click on this!

3) Scroll down the "Android system" notifications list, find GPS and tap on it. This should open the GPS-specific screen

4) Tap on Importance and reduce it from "High" to "Medium" or "Low"

5) Exit out of the settings screens and try Google Maps again. You should have no annoying sound now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Hey all,

My phone has become difficult to charge recently and it will not connect to my car to use android auto anymore. The dash charging does not work at all now - only slow charging.

I have two cables for the phone (both original oneplus) - one I used to connect to the car and the other to charge at home.

When I plug the phone in now it normally does not start charging until I wiggle the cable around and I frequently have to turn the cable over now even though it is supposed to work from either side. It is getting worse and I am afraid it will stop charging altogether soon.

I have tried blowing into the port and there does not appear to be any dust etc that I can see that might be clogging it up.

Has anyone experienced similar difficulties and if so do you have any advice on getting it sorted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

PCX wrote: »
    Hey all,

My phone has become difficult to charge recently and it will not connect to my car to use android auto anymore. The dash charging does not work at all now - only slow charging.

I have two cables for the phone (both original oneplus) - one I used to connect to the car and the other to charge at home.

When I plug the phone in now it normally does not start charging until I wiggle the cable around and I frequently have to turn the cable over now even though it is supposed to work from either side. It is getting worse and I am afraid it will stop charging altogether soon.

I have tried blowing into the port and there does not appear to be any dust etc that I can see that might be clogging it up.

Has anyone experienced similar difficulties and if so do you have any advice on getting it sorted?

Open up a ticket with OP...the port probably needs to be replaced!

When the phone is off, you could try swabbing in there with some isopropyl alcohol using a small piece of clean cloth and a splintered match or something (maybe the tiniest cotton bud in the world) - just to give it a clean. Maybe have a poke around with the match to see if there lint or something after building up in there. Long shot though - as per previous post, you'll more than likely need a new port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

A cheap can of compressed air from deals might do the trick also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement