Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 5

1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Yeah, mine does it randomly, not every day but once a week. It usually happens when it's in my pocket so I've been suspecting it's a bug in pocket mode. Has your experience been similar?

Ya I'm pretty sure it's always in my pocket when it happens so that bug sounds about. A bit annoying to be honest but no other complaints on phone since I got it so what can you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

May have come up previously but thread is pretty big but does anyone's one plus 5 just randomly power off on it's own. Happens maybe once a day to me.

Have the phone over two years from new.

Happens the odd time, once every few weeks. Always thought it was just my arse long pressing the power button somehow as I keep the phone in my back pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Anyone try get an official battery replacement?
    Battery price is cheap, don't know how much labour costs

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/support/repair-pricing/details?code=5

Will probably upgrade to the 7T or 8 when the next iteration comes out so was thinking of re purposing the 5 as a "new" phone for my young lad. A wipe and new battery and bobs your uncle, there's a new phone for a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Yeah, mine does it randomly, not every day but once a week. It usually happens when it's in my pocket so I've been suspecting it's a bug in pocket mode. Has your experience been similar?

Exact same problem here even after i factory reset it, has had the problem since i bought it.

With pocket mode disabled i think it still happens, and i couldnt find a solution on google and the oneplus forums.

Are you guys who are having the problem using the Spigen case by any chance?

I was wondering if that was causing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Anyone know where to get a cheaper version of the charging cable that works with the fast charge?
    It's 30e including postage from official site

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/product/oneplus-warp-charge-30-type-c-cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Anyone know where to get a cheaper version of the charging cable that works with the fast charge?

I just got one from MyMemory last week and is the real deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

ali express is your best bet altho waiting time is 2 - 4 weeks but it's 10euro for cable and charger

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

Anyone know the full cost of an official screen replacement.. just dropped mine and destroyed the screen..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

sjoyce87 wrote: »
    Anyone know the full cost of an official screen replacement.. just dropped mine and destroyed the screen..

Something like €109 when I needed a official 5t screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Anyone else who's still using OnePlus 5 on latest stock Android 10 firmware notice an annoying issue with video playback stopping every 10 seconds or so. Seems to randomly kick in and affects everything from YouTube to video playback in gallery. Only way I've found out getting rid of it once it has started to happen is to reboot phone. Could be some other app on the phone but, before I go to hassle of factory reset, was wondering if it was common issue or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

pandabat wrote: »
    Anyone else who's still using OnePlus 5 on latest stock Android 10 firmware notice an annoying issue with video playback stopping every 10 seconds or so. Seems to randomly kick in and affects everything from YouTube to video playback in gallery. Only way I've found out getting rid of it once it has started to happen is to reboot phone. Could be some other app on the phone but, before I go to hassle of factory reset, was wondering if it was common issue or not?

I don't have this issue. I have the 5T, so not sure if that counts as proof of anything though. Overall, I'm more than happy still with this phone that I bought on launch-day. My favourite feature is the fingerprint sensor on the back as opposed to on-screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

Assume you got the 10.0.1 update in November?

Still working fine on mine. No issues at all best phone I've ever had. Tempted to upgrade sometimes a better camera would be main reason to but the oneplus5 isn't that bad. Battery life isn't quite as good but it still lasts 24hrs with fairly heavy use and dash charge is still better than most new phones for charge speed.

Won't upgrade for a while yet lack of updates was making me consider it but with the security patch a month ago I'll hold off for a while yet.

Yeah overall still very happy with the device. Better camera is all that's tempting me to upgrade but I think I'll wait for some mini revolution in the camera dept in smartphones in general. Not a fan of the current trend to have 4 sensors, 1 or 2 of which are redundant/pointless. Xiaomi's experimental pop-out zoom looks interesting and the OP5 still has the oomph to continue on as a good daily driver until something resolves. I'll probably do a factory reset to try and resolve my issue. Any app could be causing it

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rcreedana

pandabat wrote: »
    I'm still using mine and haven't had this issue. Running 10.0.1 currently. The only issue I have is that since the upgrade to Android 10 my absolute bluetooth volume regularly loses sync with my different sets of headphones. I was tempted by the Nord in the summer but I can't justify it given the performance I'm still getting from the OP5

Yeah I smashed my screen over the summer and thought about Nord as well as OP8/8-Pro but OP5 performance similar to the Nord and so just spent ~€120-130 on new screen and a new battery rather than spending any more at the moment.

Advertisement