Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silliot Hill Dump

Options
  • 06-05-2017 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi All

Anyone been out there lately i have a few bags of rubbish i need to get rid of, what sort of cost would it be,

At a guess I'll have 10 or so black bags, how does it work do you just give them the bags do they check what's in them ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

They do it by weight, they weigh the car on the way in and on the way out, then charge you for the difference. If you have some recyclable stuff, you get to drop that off, then they weigh the car again.

FYI they close at 3.45, so just watch your timing.

https://www.aesirl.ie/business/our-business/areas-of-operation/

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Thanks for the info any idea of cost per kg ??

Thanks
    PaddyFagan wrote: »
    They do it by weight, they weigh the car on the way in and on the way out, then charge you for the difference. If you have some recyclable stuff, you get to drop that off, then they weigh the car again.

FYI they close at 3.45, so just watch your timing.

https://www.aesirl.ie/business/our-business/areas-of-operation/

Paddy

eiei0 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info any idea of cost per kg ??

Thanks

Sorry not a breeze, the last time I was there I just had recycling and it's a year or more since I brought waste up there.

FYI Depending on where in Kildare you are ballymount can be a better bet - they have longer opening hours. It was a fixed rate of €10 a car the last time I was there.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Sorry not a breeze, the last time I was there I just had recycling and it's a year or more since I brought waste up there.

FYI Depending on where in Kildare you are ballymount can be a better bet - they have longer opening hours. It was a fixed rate of ?10 a car the last time I was there.

Paddy

Ballymount is like a scene out of Mad Max.

Coolmine is much better organised and the charges are probably the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Thanks for the replies, how does it work what do you do with the rubbish when you take it out of your car, does it go into a skip or how is it handled???

• Advertisement

eiei0 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, how does it work what do you do with the rubbish when you take it out of your car, does it go into a skip or how is it handled???
    There's sections for different waste: metal, wood, paint, oil, etc - a container (skips in some cases, smaller bins in others) - you need to divide the waste from your car into the revelant places.

Paddy

Advertisement