Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received unjustified warning in AH thread

Options
  • 06-05-2017 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

I received a warning from Barbie ! in the AH thread

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057736232/1

for posting what I thought was a lighthearted reference to women who really should cover up. Barbie gave a warning for it for Trolling. This was my comment

Yep, lots of women in sleeveless tops showing off their fat pink splodgy bingo wings. I call these the F.L.A.B. (the Fat Lardy Arms Brigade).

When asked why it was trolling I got no reply other than "I believe you were trolling". When asked why my comment was trolling while other more vulgar and sexist ones (about camel toe, diddies, etc.) were not deemed so I got no further comment apart from "You assume wrong" a few days later. S/he didn't bother answering my question.

It's only a warning so not big deal but my problem is why my comment got one while countless others both before and after one didn't.

I have pm'd the mod and am getting no more from him/her. I feel the mod is being unfair and also evasive in not answering my question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

When did you PM them?

Bear in mind it's the weekend. At the best of times, we recommend giving anything between 24-48 hours, as they are volunteers after all, and even if they're briefly online it doesn't mean their in a position to sit down and compose replies to PM's.

If you haven't had any further reply after that kind of timeframe, then post back and a CMod will look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

BuffyBot wrote: »
    When did you PM them?

Bear in mind it's the weekend. At the best of times, we recommend giving anything between 24-48 hours, as they are volunteers after all, and even if they're briefly online it doesn't mean their in a position to sit down and compose replies to PM's.

If you haven't had any further reply after that kind of timeframe, then post back and a CMod will look into it.

Initial warning was on Tuesday. First pms on Wednesday morning. Got replies. Then no reply until yesterday. Got one more reply this evening after posting this thread but it still had no answers to my questions, just reiterating I assumed wrong.

Mod in question has just informed me that he will not change his mind and I should ask for a CMOD to review it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi GL
    Apologies as this has been classified in the wrong category so was not coming onto my radar.

Please pm me (or post here) your exchange with the mod in question.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi GL
    Apologies as this has been classified in the wrong category so was not coming onto my radar.

Please pm me (or post here) your exchange with the mod in question.

Late Tuesday night.
    Dear Gaoth Laidir,

You have been warned for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Barbie!

Moderator Note

post103393385 Less of that.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gaoth Laidir
    Yep, lots of women in sleeveless tops showing off their fat pink splodgy bingo wings. I call these the F.L.A.B. (the Fat Lardy Arms Brigade
    ).

Trolling? How? It's in line with the topic of the thread. What about the other posts after mine? "Big ride, are ye"? Yoga pants. etc.

I see these people every day dressed like sea lions in swimwear. Everyone knows them. I'm just pointing it out in what I thought was a lighthearted way. People really need to relax and stop getting sensitive.

Wednesday 00:32.
    I believe you were trolling. You can argue it in DRP if you wish.

Wednesday 07:40:
    What makes you believe I was trolling? How was I trolling and yet comments like camel toe and this
    Quote:
    Nothing like a bout of good weather to get the ladies out with the low cut tops on.
    More Diddys please ladies. More Diddys.
    are acceptable?

Can I ask how many people reported my post?

From your username I assume you are female. How do you find my post trolling yet other sexist ones posting women as sex objects not? With a name like Barbie I suppose you find the latter flattering so have no problem with those.

Friday pm.
    You assume wrong.

I then set up this thread:

Saturday pm Barbie1 sent:
    You assumed I'm female and my reply to you was saying you are wrong on that front.
    And the rest of my messages? No reply?
    Your post crossed the line in my view. Other peoples posts didn't.
    That's about as vague an answer as I could have got. On what grounds did it cross the line? Diddies and camel toes don't?
    Sorry if its vague but thats my answer. Other posts have nothing to do with what you posted and got carded for. I'm not changing my mind. You can tell Buffybot in DRP that we've talked and you need the CMOD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi GL
    This is pretty much the grey area that mods often have to deal with in that where the line exists between light heartedness and mean spiritedness and has the post crossed it. As you will understand this is completely subjective and given that your post was reported at least some people would consider that you were on the wrong side of the line in this instance.
    Personally I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt and considering that you have no history of causing hassle in the forum I am happy to lift the card in this instance.
    Trusting this is acceptable to you but please confirm for completeness and we can bring this process to a close.

PR

Thank you, Pawwed Rig, that's fair enough. I'm happy to call this closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement