Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent issue

Options
  • 06-05-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi
    We are emigrating in a few weeks. Our lease expires 1 week after our leaving the house date but landlord still wants us to pay full last months rent.

Is there anything we can do to not lose the last week's rent. I assume it's right for her to get all the rent up til the end of lease but Wondering if there any way of not losing this money.

It's only a couple hundred euro but still we have huge expenses coming up.

If we find someone to move in instead of us would that be an option? Then she loses no money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

newwan wrote: »
    Hi
    We are emigrating in a few weeks. Our lease expires 1 week after our leaving the house date but landlord still wants us to pay full last months rent.

Is there anything we can do to not lose the last week's rent. I assume it's right for her to get all the rent up til the end of lease but Wondering if there any way of not losing this money.

It's only a couple hundred euro but still we have huge expenses coming up.

If we find someone to move in instead of us would that be an option? Then she loses no money.

Just pay it or come to agreement but ll does not have to.

Deposit will be an issue also. I would work on getting it back and explain you will give keys back a week early but need the deposit back and get them around to view before you leave.

Advertisement