Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I log out of yahoo on android

• 06-05-2017 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭

don't know much about techie stuff but I have Yahoo mail on my mobile and I can not seem to log out of it.

I have googled this question and I follow until the final step which says tap on log out. but there is no option to log out.

I tap on
    Menu
    settings
    manage accounts and there I have my accoun name and under it account info but there is no log out option there.

If I swipe left on my a/c name it says: 'this account has been disabled for this app'. but what does that mean? because when I go to Yahoo mail again my account is open for anyone to read if they had my mobile.

Is it possible to open Yahoo Mail on my mobile only with a password? why is this proving difficult? who would want a mail service that is not secure?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It is secure (well, as much as Yahoo can be with all the stupid things they do). The boundary is considered the Phone not the App. Somebody who shouldnt be reading your email shouldnt be able to unlock your phone.

To remove it:
    Open Settings (for the phone, not in the app)
    Accounts
    Yahoo

accounts.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

ED E wrote: »
    It is secure (well, as much as Yahoo can be with all the stupid things they do). The boundary is considered the Phone not the App. Somebody who shouldnt be reading your email shouldnt be able to unlock your phone.

To remove it:
    Open Settings (for the phone, not in the app)
    Accounts
    Yahoo

accounts.gif

Many thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Before I do that does that mean then that I will not have Yahoo Mail on my mobile?
    If it does why in the name of God is Yahoo offering a service which can not be made secure? Phones do go missing/stolen.

Why would anyone want Yahoo Mail if you can not log out of it? I am sure Yahoo are able to provide an app which can be made secure and if people wanted to leave it open on their device that could be up to them. Why would yahoo do that is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You're still missing the point. Secure the phone, not the app.

Advertisement