Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else suffer with 'breaking heels?'

• 06-05-2017 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Wore them this morning, for the first time in at least 2 years. In less than 3 hours, I was minus one. Hoped nobody would notice but they did and a neighbour offered me a lift home. Does anyone else have this problem?.
    Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Do you mean the heel of your shoe broke off? That's never happened to me.
    Sometimes the plastic tip on the end of the heel has popped off because of walking/running on cobbles or uneven ground - I've gotten in to the habit of hammering them into place before wearing the shoes to prevent this happening. I think it's because I drag or catch my heels because of the way I walk, not as accustomed to walking in heels as I was in the past when I wore them very regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Hi yes the heel literally separates from the rest of the shoe, 'nails' sticking out of the heel. Repeated pattern in the past, shame , I did like them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If its just the tip on the end of the heel, bring them to a cobbler and they may be able to put a new tip on for you. The ones they use are a bit more rubbery so tend to last better than the original hard plastic ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement