Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gw 37 - Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Benimar wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't do Alli to De Bruyne for a hit. I think Alli could rack up a big score in the DGW, but thats just a personal view.

Costa won't be suspended if he is booked. That deadline has passed and he would need to get to 15 now.
    wong wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree. Alli wont be dropped so your logic of breaking even on the transfer doesn't work out because you are neglecting how many points Alli might get.

I agree that the thinking on Alli is a little unconventional and a risk. I just forsee a Mourinho bus job and then you have Leicester away who are solid at the back and in good form.

I really fancy KDB for a captaincy with his fixtures and form. It's a tough call anyway.
    I think your logic is fine. What I find with BB is you have to play it as close as possible to when you wildcard otherwise it ends up costing you point hits. I BB last yr in gw 37 after an early wildcard and I'd say it ended up costing me points. This year I wildcarded early and BB the week after in a sgw. I honestly think the BB is a hindrance of a chip and I'm more convinced to use it in gw 1 next year.

Agree for sure, this was always my plan but unfortunately my team became a shambles around GW 26 and I felt I had to make wholesale changes.

No regrets either it very much paid off, I had dropped from 22,000th in GW 21 to 60,000th in GW 26, now have worked my way up to just outside the top 10k.

Would be great to have another wildy but no regrets playing it earlier - if your team's a mess I think you've got to throw out the longer term plans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would love KdB but it means getting rid of Kane or Lukaku, and I just have a feeling these will score well with their fixtures. There is also question marks over Jesus gametime, possibly. So I am now thinking of Foster, Pickford and Alli out - Cech, Willy and Sane in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think your logic is fine. What I find with BB is you have to play it as close as possible to when you wildcard otherwise it ends up costing you point hits. I BB last yr in gw 37 after an early wildcard and I'd say it ended up costing me points. This year I wildcarded early and BB the week after in a sgw. I honestly think the BB is a hindrance of a chip and I'm more convinced to use it in gw 1 next year.

I'm more and more agreeing with you. I've always made the team value argument against an early BB but the prices of the 'big' players also rise as the season goes on. Look at the benches of GW37 BB teams and it's still cheapies. Sub 4.5m defs, sub 5m 5th mid (JWP or Albrighton) or even flipping Anichibe!!

So around the same budget you have for your bench in GW1. Add in the fact you don't have to screw up your planning for what should be the most important part of the season for a chip for which 20pts would be a very good return.....

I've been discussing this on Twitter this morning with a few very good FPL managers (preaching the Gospel according to Busts ;)) and a lot are coming round to this way of thinking.

I'm gonna look very closely at a GW1, 2 or 3 BB next season for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm more and more agreeing with you. I've always made the team value argument against an early BB but the prices of the 'big' players also rise as the season goes on. Look at the benches of GW37 BB teams and it's still cheapies. Sub 4.5m defs, sub 5m 5th mid (JWP or Albrighton) or even flipping Anichibe!!

So around the same budget you have for your bench in GW1. Add in the fact you don't have to screw up your planning for what should be the most important part of the season for a chip for which 20pts would be a very good return.....

I've been discussing this on Twitter this morning with a few very good FPL managers (preaching the Gospel according to Busts ;)) and a lot are coming round to this way of thinking.

It all depends on the fixtures. If they are decent I'm going for it. Its the only chance you have to BB and then wildcard to sort your team. Most won't entertain it due to the psychological boost at the end .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

It all depends on the fixtures. If they are decent I'm going for it. Its the only chance you have to BB and then wildcard to sort your team. Most won't entertain it due to the psychological boost at the end .
    Very good point on the WC to sort team
    I can never resist the gw 4 WC and always set up my team first few weeks only with this in mind
    Defo considering this now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'd love if they removed the chips next year but it isn't happening.

spock. wrote: »

They increase the luck element and I'd prefer if they were done away with. However I do enjoy considering and trying alternative strategies as opposed to the it can only be late wildcard and dgw BB approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

spock. wrote: »

I've a feeling they might adapt them slightly. Make people use either the TC chip or BB in the first half of the season as it's getting too formulaic with most experienced players waiting until the end of the season to play both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Who to transfer with only 1 FT?

Hazard or Sanchez to KDB

Blind to Monreal or Otamendi/Kompany (but only for a hit as I need to find .1 elsewhere) - away to Spurs & Southampton and fear of rotation.

Janmaat to 5.2m defender - away to Everton & Chelsea

Zaha to The Ox - only SGW player in my BB team

The total is a -12 but I can't justify having made a -8 last 2 GW's and in the semi final of a H2H so don't really want hits!

Was thinking of banking initially but on closer inspection could improve this squad!

What would you do

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Who to transfer with only 1 FT?

Hazard or Sanchez to KDB

Blind to Monreal or Otamendi/Kompany (but only for a hit as I need to find .1 elsewhere) - away to Spurs & Southampton and fear of rotation.

Janmaat to 5.2m defender - away to Everton & Chelsea

Zaha to The Ox - only SGW player in my BB team

The total is a -12 but I can't justify having made a -8 last 2 GW's and in the semi final of a H2H so don't really want hits!

Was thinking of banking initially but on closer inspection could improve this squad!

What would you do
    Take selling hazard off the list anyway !

km79 wrote: »

Fear if only playing one game, KDB could play both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

A negative to using the chips early is a lot of the big cups end then and everyone else is saving theirs and there is you looking like a fool.

Or vice versa !
    No way I'd sell him
    He is the main player I fear next week
    This week is gone. Kdbs points are gone . Hazard could easily get them nextweek
    Sanchez could be an issue if he doesn't improve
    I'd sort out blind/jaanmat
    Maybe jaanmat to someone like huth?
    They have a decent gw38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yo,

So I've already done,

De Gea - Wily,
    Aguero - Jesus(-4)

I'm looking at now taking a (-12)

Firmino - KDB
    Ward- Kos

Seems bulletproof? :pac:

Would give me a team of:

Wily

Simpson/Alonso/Kos

Alli/Redmond/Hazard/KDB/King

Gabbi/Kane/Jesus

Likely to bench Redmond and play King.

Well Aguero and Firmino dropping ruined this.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Yo,

So I've already done,

De Gea - Wily,
    Aguero - Jesus(-4)

Firmino - KDB
    Ward- Kos

Would give me a team of:

Wily

Simpson/Alonso/Kos

Gabbi/Kane/Jesus

Would u consider a cheaper city mid like sane/sterling to upgrade elsewhere? KDB got big returns at wkend but plays deeper than the front 3 so not sure how likely he is to repeat and he is expensive. Would also consider using the cash to upgrade Gabbiadini to Costa if you have the funds.

• Advertisement

Looking to transfer out maguire for a 4.5 DGW defender (BB this week). Already have Cech, Wily, Cahill, Stephens, Yoshida, and Benalouane in gk/defence.

Looking like either holding (not guaranteed starter) or one from Watford/Sunderland. Reckon Sunderland have the better of the 2 fixtures wise but are playing teams with something to play for whereas watford away to 2 strong teams with nothing to play for (assuming Chelsea have won the league by then).

None of the above really appealing so appreciate any alternatives views offered.

Or vice versa !
    No way I'd sell him
    He is the main player I fear next week
    This week is gone. Kdbs points are gone . Hazard could easily get them nextweek
    Sanchez could be an issue if he doesn't improve
    I'd sort out blind/jaanmat
    Maybe jaanmat to someone like huth?
    They have a decent gw38
    Yes, Blind and Janmaat are likely not to return anything. I'll look at shipping out one of these.
    Could do Blind to Monreal or Fuchs
    Or Janmaat to Huth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Randolph & Davies out

Pickford & Ndidi In

Gives me 11 DGWers this week and playing my BB.

Praying for good returns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Will probably dump Olly G if he doesn't get significant minutes tonight....also have Jesus and Kane so not really sure who'd be a decent replacement :confused:

Will crunch a few numbers later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rival has Albrighton so tempted to get on Ndidi as a differential. Haven't seen him play though, does he get forward much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Fabregas in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Otamendi, Albrighton and Jesus in for Valencia, Snodgrass and Bentekkers for a -8. Give me 10 DGW players and using BB. I am about 15 points ahead in my main league, with only one rival, so its going down to the wire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Will probably dump Olly G if he doesn't get significant minutes tonight....

If you're hoping for minutes tonight, you'll definitely be dumping him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rival has Albrighton so tempted to get on Ndidi as a differential. Haven't seen him play though, does he get forward much?

He was well forward for the goal he scored and twas as clean a strike as you're going to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rikand wrote: »
    He was well forward for the goal he scored and twas as clean a strike as you're going to see!

Thanks! Feck it might go for him so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I've decided to bring in Holding for Robertson. Then I have to decide on whether to take 2 hits or not (as there is nothing I can do with just one hit - 0.1 short on quite a few options). So which is better?

A. Valencia and Jakupovic (no hits)
    B. Gibbs and Caballero -8

City and Arsenal both with DGWs and good fixtures (presuming arsenal win and keep CL on radar on Weds night) with decent chances for clean sheet in all 4 games. Jakupovic with a decent fixture in 37 but Valencia unlikely to play more than one game. Never like a -8 but seems like the more sensible decision here.

I have a full squad of DGWers but wouldn't have 100% confidence in many of them starting both games: DDG, Valencia, Cedric, Yoshida, Alonso, Ward-Prowse, Rashford could all get a rest at some stage - oh for a wild card!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

I am thinking of doing Hazard and JWP to Fabregas and Sane.

Chelsea could win the title at west brom, west brom are pretty good defensively at home and even when they lose at home it is normally 0-1. If Chelsea score early, West brom will not come out and attack, giving Chelsea only a limited chance of racking up a big score.

If Chelsea are winning Hazard might not finish the 90, and is quite likely to be rested in the following game.

Fabregas normally plays against the weaker and more defensive sides at the expence of one of Kante/Matic (both needing rest before the FA Cup). Fabregas will not be starting in the FA cup final, it will be Kante & Matic. His playing time has been well managed so he doesn't need a rest.

I think the move from Hazard to fabregas is a good one. Using the spare money, I might as well upgrade JWP to Sane.

Anyone think I am crazy?

I've decided to bring in Holding for Robertson. Then I have to decide on whether to take 2 hits or not (as there is nothing I can do with just one hit - 0.1 short on quite a few options). So which is better?

City and Arsenal both with DGWs and good fixtures (presuming arsenal win and keep CL on radar on Weds night) with decent chances for clean sheet in all 4 games. Jakupovic with a decent fixture in 37 but Valencia unlikely to play more than one game. Never like a -8 but seems like the more sensible decision here.

I have a full squad of DGWers but wouldn't have 100% confidence in many of them starting both games: DDG, Valencia, Cedric, Yoshida, Alonso, Ward-Prowse, Rashford could all get a rest at some stage - oh for a wild card!

Do you think Willy and Gibbs will score more than 14 points If so I'd go for it

Surely it's almost certain that one of Holding or Gibbs makes way for Mustafi iminently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is it crazy to take a -8 to bring in Cech and Willy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yo,

So I've already done,

De Gea - Wily,
    Aguero - Jesus(-4)

Firmino - KDB
    Ward- Kos

Would give me a team of:

Wily

Simpson/Alonso/Kos

Gabbi/Kane/Jesus

Would u consider a cheaper city mid like sane/sterling to upgrade elsewhere? KDB got big returns at wkend but plays deeper than the front 3 so not sure how likely he is to repeat and he is expensive. Would also consider using the cash to upgrade Gabbiadini to Costa if you have the funds.

I fear that if Chelsea win the league in their next game Costa/Hazard could be benched. So unsure if I want to risk it with two of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I fear that if Chelsea win the league in their next game Costa/Hazard could be benched. So unsure if I want to risk it with two of them.

Costa is still in with a slim chance of top scorer, I'm sure he'll play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Surely it's almost certain that one of Holding or Gibbs makes way for Mustafi iminently.

Damm forgot the Mustafi factor. Have 4.6 for def without taking a hit - John stones would be perfect but doubt he'll go straight back in for both games if fit.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Costa is still in with a slim chance of top scorer, I'm sure he'll play.

Batshyuai wasn't even on the bench on Monday either. I'm hoping Costa plays. Hazard very likely to get a rest I think. But don't fancy the risk of going into the DGW without him either.

It is a risk but suspect Conte will play 1st team regardless as they'll be parading the trophy in the home game against watford and they'll be keen to put on a show. Risk of rotation greater in last game of the season imo. It's hard to ignore their 3 final fixtures against poor teams with nothing to play for including 2 at home. Costa is 4 off Lukaku for top goalscorer so if he did bag 2 or 3 in the DGW then he'd surely fancy his chances at home to Sunderland and demand to play. Might add another few million to his price in the summer too if he's described as the PL's top scorer . . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've managed to get a starting XI of doublers without a WC (albeit one of them is Holding, who is a risk) and the plan is to use transfers to get DGW squad players for the BB.

Annoyingly, I'm 0.2 short of Jaku, Mee, and De Roon to Willy, Stephens, and Ndidi. I could risk bringing in Benalouane instead of Stephens, but the return of Wes Morgan looms threateningly.

If anyone can spot an alternative move, I'd be very grateful. Current team, 0.5 ITB:

Foster, Jaku
    Davies Holding Holgate Mee Yoshida
    Sanchez Ozil Sane Eriksen De Roon
    Kane Jesus Costa

It is a risk but suspect Conte will play 1st team regardless as they'll be parading the trophy in the home game against watford and they'll be keen to put on a show. Risk of rotation greater in last game of the season imo. It's hard to ignore their 3 final fixtures against poor teams with nothing to play for including 2 at home. Costa is 4 off Lukaku for top goalscorer so if he did bag 2 or 3 in the DGW then he'd surely fancy his chances at home to Sunderland and demand to play. Might add another few million to his price in the summer too if he's described as the PL's top scorer . . . .
    Judging by the fact he wanted to leave in January I would be thinking trophies/awards are not what motivates costa .........

The trophy is being presented at the Sunderland game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ideally West Brom would get a point on Friday night and Spurs would beat Man U. That way Conte will put his full team out on Monday.

I'm not worried about the Sunderland game. That will be a full strength team either way as he won't want to have players not play for 12 days before a cup final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I've managed to get a starting XI of doublers without a WC (albeit one of them is Holding, who is a risk) and the plan is to use transfers to get DGW squad players for the BB.

Annoyingly, I'm 0.2 short of Jaku, Mee, and De Roon to Willy, Stephens, and Ndidi. I could risk bringing in Benalouane instead of Stephens, but the return of Wes Morgan looms threateningly.

If anyone can spot an alternative move, I'd be very grateful. Current team, 0.5 ITB:

Foster, Jaku
    Davies Holding Holgate Mee Yoshida
    Sanchez Ozil Sane Eriksen De Roon
    Kane Jesus Costa

Why not just get Pickford instead of Willy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Why not just get Pickford instead of Willy?

Cheers, that's what I'm leaning towards because Benalouane seems too risky as an enabler. Willy obviously has more favourable fixtures than Pickford, but Pickford should at least rack up save points against Arsenal. I'll wait for some injury news regarding Wes Morgan before deciding which way to go.

Sanchez to De Bruyne would also free up decent funds, but I don't want to go crazy on hits, especially when it's one DGWer for another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

sheroman01 wrote: »
    For who?

Just noticing Aguero is orange flagged as 25% chance of playing. Does anyone know how long it's been like that? Thought he had a better chance of been available than that.

Just noticing Aguero is orange flagged as 25% chance of playing. Does anyone know how long it's been like that? Thought he had a better chance of been available than that.

There has been no update since Pep said he might be available for Leicester.

The flag %s on the site are of no value really. Watch for news from press conferences or follow @bendinnery for the latest.

sheroman01 wrote: »

I rarely need much of an excuse to have an oul Willy Cech.....

I'll get me coat....... :o

No more Willy puns. I promise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

I rarely need much of an excuse to have an oul Willy Cech.....

I'll get me coat....... :o

No more Willy puns. I promise.

Break that promise and it'll be penile servitude for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Anyone with BB and TC left? If so are you considering TC GW37 and BB 38? Logic being that with doubtful starters all over BB in 38 could guarantee fielding 11 at least when other teams may be decimated. Also TC in DGW instead of SGW.

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Anyone with BB and TC left? If so are you considering TC GW37 and BB 38? Logic being that with doubtful starters all over BB in 38 could guarantee fielding 11 at least when other teams may be decimated. Also TC in DGW instead of SGW.

Doubtful starters in gw38 you would still have yours subs anyway but may not have full squad to fully utilise BB
    Would have to see your squad really
    It's a tough call and I would not have kept both chips till now......

Unless I'm interpreting this wrong but in 38 if you have lads that don't play your sub's will just come in anyway. I'd BB this week if I'd both chips left. At least you will get 1 appearance out of some of the doubtful dgw players.

Still have both and will have 14 DGW players plus King for BB in GW37. Will TC one of Sanchez, Hazard, Costa or Jesus in GW38 depending who has something to play for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement