Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinning hair on top .....

• 06-05-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Not really sure if is this is the right forum or not.

Hair is thinning a lot in centre of head - looking for a recommendation on what to do or maybe where to go?? Can't afford to spend 1000's on hair transplant or anything like that but looking for cheaper alternatives.

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Mach 3 Turbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Skin it, once you skinned it you won't be bothered going bald. Don't fight it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Seen this recently and it looked pretty convincing for fellas with a shaved dome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Come on guys!!!!

Any genuine help? Anyone being to one of these hair clinic places?

• Advertisement

Come on guys!!!!

Any genuine help? Anyone being to one of these hair clinic places?

Well the obvious first suggestion is Regaine. Have you given that a go? It's not guaranteed to regrow hair and at best it'll only retain what hair you currently have left.

Passenger wrote: »
    Well the obvious first suggestion is Regaine. Have you given that a go? It's not guaranteed to regrow hair and at best it'll only retain what hair you currently have left.

Have not tried - I'm willing to pay more than that shall we say....Not going to spend 1,000's shall we say but could spring for a bit more than regained shall we say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Rogaine absolutely does work. It is pricey for a bottle but much, much cheaper than trichologists and hair transplants.

It is a chemical called Minoxidil which is rubbed on, in small amounts, daily. Do not exceed stated dose and pay attention to the cautions on the leaflet.

Suitable for both men and women. There is also a chemical called Finasteride, works much the same way I believe, but women must NOT use it. I think that has to be prescribed by a doctor (not sure about that)

Speak to a GP if you're considering the Finasteride/Propecia route. Do your research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Regaine works but must be used daily. It will only be effective for a time period.
    As for clinics the only way is get it done early and expect to pay serious dough. Brother in law done it, while it looks ok it doesn't last forever so he will need another job in a few years. Ask anyone who had it done more than ten years ago and they will tell you it weathers awful in time. Just not worth it in my opinion. If there was anything that really works it would be gold dust.
    Women will find you more attractive if you skin rather than cover it up. Be confident buddy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Have not tried - I'm willing to pay more than that shall we say....Not going to spend 1,000's shall we say but could spring for a bit more than regained shall we say!

Regaine/Rogaine is OTC from a pharmacy. It is FDA approved and actually works. I seen a video where one of the top dermatologists in NYC recommended for women who have bad eyebrows ie over plucked, as he said in his opinion it is only hair growth chemical that works

It is the best product for your price point

Regaine works but must be used daily. It will only be effective for a time period.
    As for clinics the only way is get it done early and expect to pay serious dough. Brother in law done it, while it looks ok it doesn't last forever so he will need another job in a few years. Ask anyone who had it done more than ten years ago and they will tell you it weathers awful in time. Just not worth it in my opinion. If there was anything that really works it would be gold dust.
    Women will find you more attractive if you skin rather than cover it up. Be confident buddy

Genuinely not worried about women! It is 100% for myself - prefer a full head of hair - I love my hair ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Seriously. Unless you've a head like a knobbly spud just be done with it and Mach 3 the lot off. Nothing looks more tragic than plugs and combovers. Wayne Rooney is a multi-millionaire and his do looks shocking imo...

Advertisement