Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help - installing a new JAMMA harness have some really basic questions

• 06-05-2017 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm installing a new JAMMA harness in an old Electrocoin cabinet. It's the first time I've tried this and I have some really basic questions so apologies in advance.

First up is a crimping question. I need to connect this to this.

terminal.jpg

Do I just strip the cable, slide it into the centre of the terminal and crimp it with a pliers, or do I need to solder it?

Second question - my video signal cables are connected into this connector -

monitor-connector.jpg

Do I need to buy special terminals to connect to this or can I just snip it and connect it using a strip connector -

strip.jpg

Last question. My joystick has this connector. There's no documentation with it. How can I tell which input each cable represents - is there a standard order, or is it just trial and error?

joystick-connector.jpg

Apologies again if this is all a bit basic. All help greatly appreciated.

R

Comments

Y3You can just crimp the connector and then use some solder and then heat shrink tubing to be extra secure or just crimp. Once it's secure is the main thing so whatever you happy with, as for the video connection just lop it off if and use your strip connector, you may find you have an extra sync wire (yellow) if you do connect the white and yellow together and connect to the white on the monitor chassis cable
    The joystick connector looks like a jlf5h variant of some kind, it should be brown/black ground, orange left, yellow down, red right and green up. Give that a try and see if it works

Advertisement