If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV receiver

Options
  • 06-05-2017 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi gents, I'm in the market for an av receiver, need to upgrade to a 4k HDR compatible​ model. The denon avr2300 looks nice but possibly a little outside budget. I wasn't looking to go above €400 ideally. I've had a denon avr-1311 from your fine selves for about 7 years now, time to change!

I don't need speakers or cable.

Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mikew1985 wrote: »
    Hi gents, I'm in the market for an av receiver, need to upgrade to a 4k HDR compatible​ model. The denon avr2300 looks nice but possibly a little outside budget. I wasn't looking to go above €400 ideally. I've had a denon avr-1311 from your fine selves for about 7 years now, time to change!

I don't need speakers or cable.

Cheers.
    Hi mikew1985,

The Denon AVRX2300 is probably the best value for money amp we have at the moment. It is priced at 449.99 Euro but it's hard to find a cheaper amp with the same features that would sound as good. The Denon has pretty much everything you'd need, 4K pass through, Dolby Atmos and DTSX, bluetooth and wireless streaming and great sound. The next model down that would be shippable would be the Yamaha RXV581 for 369.99 Euro, however I would be looking at the RXV681 before considering moving from the Denon.

Would 449.99 be too far out of the budget?

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

Hi Kenny,

It is s a little more than I was looking to pay alright - I kind of started out with a 300-400 figure in mind. Is it possible to pay in GBP as that seems to potentially work out a bit cheaper?
    The Yamaha RXV681 looks to be the same price as the Denon, which one would you recommend? the Denon seems to be extremely highly rated.

Hi Kenny,

It is s a little more than I was looking to pay alright - I kind of started out with a 300-400 figure in mind. Is it possible to pay in GBP as that seems to potentially work out a bit cheaper?
    The Yamaha RXV681 looks to be the same price as the Denon, which one would you recommend? the Denon seems to be extremely highly rated.
    Hi mikew1985,

You could certainly pay in sterling, it would probably work out a bit cheaper for you. I would recommend the Denon over the Yamaha, as I say it's hard to find an amp as good as it around that price.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

As is the case with all these things I'd rather future proof myself somewhat and get the best bang for buck which the denon seems to represent. How much in Euro and GBP would it be delivered to Dublin?

As is the case with all these things I'd rather future proof myself somewhat and get the best bang for buck which the denon seems to represent. How much in Euro and GBP would it be delivered to Dublin?
    Hi Mikew1985.

At the moment the Denon AVRX2300 £349.00 with £6.99 shipping or 449.00 Euro (Inc shipping)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202128-avrx2300.aspx

It seems to work out better to pay in sterling on this one.

Currently in stock and ready to ship.

• Advertisement

Hi Mikew1985.

At the moment the Denon AVRX2300 £349.00 with £6.99 shipping or 449.00 Euro (Inc shipping)

Think I might stretch the extra 25 of quid then so. Can't see a better price anyway.

Hi Mikew1985.

Think I might stretch the extra 25 of quid then so. Can't see a better price anyway.
    Hey Mikew1985.

You would not be dissappointed with the AVRX2300.

Sounds great and is the most popular AV receiver.

If you want to go for one drop me your contact number in a PM and I can give you a call.

Hi Mikew1985.

Hey Mikew1985.

If you want to go for one drop me your contact number in a PM and I can give you a call.
    Hi Kenny,

Perfect, I just sent you a PM there with the detail. Cheers.

Hi Mikew1985.

Hey Mikew1985.

Hi Kenny,

Perfect, I just sent you a PM there with the detail. Cheers.
    No problem, we'll be in contact this morning.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.