Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonder weeks accuracy?!

Options
  • 06-05-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

I downloaded the wonder weeks app ages ago when my lb was a small baby, but never looked at it too much. He has been quite fussy the last little while, especially at night, and I just had a look, and see he's right in the middle of the last leap. Has anyone used it and found it accurate? I'm hoping that in another couple of weeks I'll have an angel toddler who sleeps through the night! Any chance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We found it freakishly accurate with our little girl. She was a good sleeper from very very young but every time a leap was predicted by wonder weeks her sleep went to pot... we could handle it though as she always went back to normal when the leap was over. It was weird how accurate it was tbh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yeah it's pretty good.I have two smallies, and both fell in the leaps pretty well, although sometimes there was a few days in it.Sleep, general clinginess and (as they get to toddler stage) new and bizarre behaviour were all hallmarks.

Since our older one headed towards 2.5 years and older, I always know when the moon is full.She's wired in the three days leading up to a full moon!!!Totally weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

My wee boy is only three months old, but it's been super accurate so far! We are in leap 4 now which lasts for over a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

He was always a desperate sleeper, but had improved a bit up until a few weeks ago. Then he started teething, and then the leap of doom struck.
    Only a few more days, angel baby will be with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Is he 18 months? That's an awful leap but things do settle down after. I found it very accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

Yes. I thought it was pretty good. Not as good at the saying 'this too will pass ' though!

He's not quite 18mo, but yes, it's the last leap, which I've always heard was painful! I had been in the middle of the process of evicting him from our bed, which was going well, but he's right back between us, probably 3-4 nights in the last week, because I'll do anything for a good sleep right now! According to the app, there's 3 days to the end of the leap, hopefully by next weekend he'll be a bit more settled!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi all,

I don't have the app. but have done some googling, the baba is 55 weeks on Wednesday and must be going through leap 8. He has always been the best sleeper but the last two nights has woke screaming at 12.30 and it takes calpol and a bottle to get him back down to sleep - 3 hours later. He'll sleep no bother when he's being held but as soon as he's put in the cot starts screaming again.

Any ideas how long this leap lasts for? I know he's teething a bit as well but he's never been like this before.

Does anyone have more info on leap 8 they could share?

thanks.

Just had two full nights sleep in our house. It's amazing!!! Hopefully it's a sign if things to come! Apparently this is the last day of leap 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kylie06

That's good Jim!!
    I also find the Wonder Weeks very accurate. We're in the stormy phase of leap 8. Little one has been resisting naps, taking ages to fall asleep at night, doesn't like going to others, is sucking her thumb a lot and isn't in her usual good form. Oh, and not eating very much.
    Mac, it lasts until about week 55. I'd recommend buying the book as I've gotten good use out of it with my two children. I now know what to expect. I hate the thoughts of the leaps coming up but it great to know that it is a leap that's responsible for the change in behaviour and that things will be back to normal soon. You're supposed to see them as a positive thing, baby is about to make a new developmental leap. Easier said than done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

We're finding it eerily accurate. We're in the middle of leap 5. We were slow off the mark (and had forgotten about the app) and were scratching our heads (banging them off the wall) wondering what was going on with her. Checked the app and sure enough she was two days into leap 5. What's more, that leap describes all this stuff about relationships that she's processing and it's bang on describing her behaviour. Just knowing that has helped us to understand things from her perspective and to adjust our behaviour a bit to make sure she feels safe and secure.

Advertisement