Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

company fraudulently forged my signature

• 06-05-2017 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

my car was involved in a rta at the end of last year. the other party was at fault and his insurance company accepted liability and agreed to repair my car. i used my local body shop who i had used twice before (6 & 13 yrs ago )

the cars damage was not overly bad and the car was drivable. i waited over 2 months to get the car taken in 1st time as was over xmas etc. the wait was not a major problem as car was driving. the car was gone 10 days for repairs and when i recieved it on return the damage was substandard. i told the repairer i was not happy and not goingt to sign the happy with standard of repair form for the insurance company. he agreed to re do the reapir ( end of february ) I have been asking since then to take the car back in to re repair to no avail as being fobbed off. i rang insurance friday am dealing with the payment of damages to see would they issue me the cheque personally and i was going to go elsewhere for the repair and fight it out myself with body shop.

I was informed that the claim was settled and body shop paid. i asked how this was possible when i had not signed off on the job and they informed me they had a document dated 6th of march with my signature !!! the body shop was paid on march 13th. I was horrified as i had not signed form as i was in dispute with the bodyshop. neadless to say i went straight to bodyshop where the owner admitted signing my name to the form and admitted he was financially in a bad way. I informed him i would be going to the gardai to report him for fraud . im shocked at these events even more so as i know the man

anyone know where i stand ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I would consult a solicitor if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

th hen wrote: »
    my car was involved in a rta at the end of last year. the other party was at fault and his insurance company accepted liability and agreed to repair my car. i used my local body shop who i had used twice before (6 & 13 yrs ago )

the cars damage was not overly bad and the car was drivable. i waited over 2 months to get the car taken in 1st time as was over xmas etc. the wait was not a major problem as car was driving. the car was gone 10 days for repairs and when i recieved it on return the damage was substandard. i told the repairer i was not happy and not goingt to sign the happy with standard of repair form for the insurance company. he agreed to re do the reapir ( end of february ) I have been asking since then to take the car back in to re repair to no avail as being fobbed off. i rang insurance friday am dealing with the payment of damages to see would they issue me the cheque personally and i was going to go elsewhere for the repair and fight it out myself with body shop.

I was informed that the claim was settled and body shop paid. i asked how this was possible when i had not signed off on the job and they informed me they had a document dated 6th of march with my signature !!! the body shop was paid on march 13th. I was horrified as i had not signed form as i was in dispute with the bodyshop. neadless to say i went straight to bodyshop where the owner admitted signing my name to the form and admitted he was financially in a bad way. I informed him i would be going to the gardai to report him for fraud . im shocked at these events even more so as i know the man

anyone know where i stand ???

No point going to gardai

Deal with insurance co. ,If no luck there see a solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭th hen

imsurnace washing their hands as i didnt use their recommended repairer. my repairer was 400 cheaper also before anyone thinks i was scamming lol !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Solicitor time.
    Thread closed.
    Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement